ADVANCED WOUND CARE & HYPERBARIC MEDICINE OPENS: The Medical Center of Trinity announces the opening of its Advanced Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine department which provides a valuable resource for patients with hard to treat wounds.
The department is under the medical direction of Dr. Luis Ramos, medical director, and registered nurse Sharon Owen, program director. For information, call (727) 834-4000 or visit medicalcentertrinity.com.
MODEL-HOME CENTER OPENS: William Ryan Homes has opened its latest model-home center in the Enclave at Ramble Creek, a new community just off U.S. 301.
The center is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and Saturday, and from noon to 6 p.m. on Friday. For information, visit williamryanhomes.com.
MARKETING SERVICES: Facility Vendor Network recently retained Pride Consulting, a student-run organization at Saint Leo University to help promote its five international boat shows in Florida.
Pride Consulting, which provides marketing services to businesses, works with potential clients whose projects don't conflict with Saint Leo's Catholic identity and core values.
Facility Vendor Network is an outsourced sales and marketing company that provides consulting services supported by more than 25 years of experience in the hospitality, event, sports and facility industry.
Businesses in need of affordable project assistance and consulting, should contact John Lax, instructor of marketing at Saint Leo's Donald R. Tapia School of Business, at (352) 588-8191 or email him at email@example.com.
KNOWLEDGEPOINTS TUTORING CELEBRATES ANNIVERSARY: KnowledgePoints Tutoring, a locally owned and operated education provider for grades kindergarten through 12, recently celebrated its fifth anniversary.
An open house from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. each Saturday in October will be held. During October, as part of the celebration, free diagnostic testing will be offered. In addition, current and new customers will receive a discount if they prepay. Learn how to help your student improve grades and test scores.
For information, call (813) 909-0781.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers to put their business skills to work helping local businesses. SCORE mentors donate their time and talent to small businesses. For information, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
HUNGRY HOWIE'S GOES PINK FOR BREAST CANCER FOUNDATION: Hungry Howie's kicked off its fifth annual Love, Hope & Pizza campaign on Oct. 1 to benefit the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
During the month of October, the restaurant will go pink with large pizzas being served in pink boxes with the NBCF logo. For every story shared on Facebook, every new Facebook fan, every picture tagged #LOVEHOPEPIZZA and every large pizza purchased, Hungry Howie's will make a donation to NBCF. Supporters may also purchase $1 Love, Hope & Pizza wristbands with all proceeds going to NBCF.
For information, visit hungryhowies.com.
SMALL-BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave.
The chamber offers the free and confidential consultations in partnership with the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida.
To get information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
DOCTOR LECTURES: Dr. Michael A. Pikos recently lectured on dental implants and bone grafting at the American Academy of Periodontology Symposium at the Philadelphia Convention Center, Sept. 28.
Pikos is a board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and the founder of Coastal Jaw Surgery. His offices are at 4372 Commercial Way, Spring Hill; 2711 Tampa Road, Palm Harbor, and 8845 Hawbuck St., Trinity. For information, call (352) 596-6804, (727) 786-1631 or (727) 375-0469.
FINANCIAL ADVISER SCORES HIGH: Mark W. Lovelle, a financial adviser with Ameriprise Financial, has received high marks from his clients in the recent Ameriprise Financial Client Relationship Study.
Lovelle ranked in the top 25 percent of participating advisers who scored 96 percent or higher based on overall client satisfaction. Conducted by a third party research organization, the survey provides clients an opportunity to rate their adviser in several areas including whether their advisor provides them access to other specialists when appropriate, explains fees clearly and contacts them when market conditions change significantly. He can be reached at (727) 841-9640.
TOP AGENTS: Coldwell Banker F.I. Grey & Son Residential, 6330 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, has announced its top Realtors for September:
Sherrie Mauzy received the Top Listing Agent by Volume and the Top Listing Agent by Units awards.
Wilma Lee received the Top Selling Agent by Volume award.
Randal Jenkins received the Top Selling Agent by Units award.
Team Maceda, whose members include Joseph P. Maceda Jr., Kristin Mizgorski, Rebecca Duffy and Tricia Shade received the Top Producing Agents by Volume and the Top Producing Agents by Units awards.
For information, call office manager Kelly Parker-Powell at (727) 495-2424.
AMBASSADOR OF THE MONTH: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce selected Nils Lenz as Ambassador of the Month for September.
Lenz attends monthly Ambassador meetings, ribbon-cuttings, mixers and the Student Citizen of the Month program. In addition to volunteering for chamber programs and events, Lenz also developed a new networking group for community business leaders called the East Pasco Networking Group.
WOMEN'S CONNECTION OF NEW PORT RICHEY: Toymakers presentation, creating hand-carved wooden toys for the needy and homeless, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
In addition, guest speaker Carolyn Ersign will speak on the topic, "Orphan Finds Belonging." Cost $15 and includes program, luncheon and speaker. For information, call Linda at (727) 856-4042.
GRAND OPENING AND RIBBON-CUTTING: Westside Deli will have a grand opening and ribbon-cutting at 11 a.m. Thursday at 7611 Little Road, New Port Richey. Menu and catering samples will be served. To RSVP, call Deb Morris at (727) 845-3354 by Monday.
GRAND OPENING AND RIBBON-CUTTING: Grow Financial Wesley Chapel will have a grand opening and ribbon-cutting ceremony from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at 2579 Bruce B Downs Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Lunch will be provided by Dickey's Barbecue Pit. The event includes prizes, music, petting zoo and face painting. To RSVP, call (813) 837-2451, ext. 2144 by Monday.
FREE SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting several free seminars.
• "Advanced QuickBooks," 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. Tuesday, Lykes Memorial Library Brooksville main branch, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville.
• "Tips for Successful Grant Writing," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "Increase Sales-Master Selling Skills," 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Oct. 26, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 31, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
To register and for additional information, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Save the date
NATIONAL PHILANTHROPY DAY LUNCHEON: The Nature Coast chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals will host its National Philanthropy Day luncheon at noon Nov. 12 at the Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
Nominations are being accepted. Categories include: philanthropist of the year, philanthropic corporation, philanthropic small business, philanthropic service organization, volunteer and youth.
Sponsorships are available. Contact Craig McCart at (727) 834-5479.
HARVEST FESTIVAL/BUSINESS EXPO: The 10th annual Harvest Festival/Business Expo will be from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 2 at Zephyr Park, 38116 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
The free event is a faith and family event offering live Christian entertainment, exhibitors and businesses, in addition to food, games, giveaways and family fun.
For information, call (813) 317-4975 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PIGZ IN Z'HILLS BBQ & BLUES: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce's fourth annual Pigz in Z'Hills BBQ & Blues will be Jan. 18 at the Zephyrhills Municipal Airport, 39450 South Ave. Visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, in Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. Tuesday at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The business networking group, hosted by Cadence Bank, promotes individual business members. The group meets the second Tuesday of each month. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Royal Super Buffet, 9550 U.S. 19, Suite 1 (in the Chili's shopping center), Port Richey. Speaker: Ann Scott, associate library director and outreach librarian with the New Port Richey Library. Cost is $9 per person and includes buffet lunch, beverage, tax and tip. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen who meet regularly on the third Tuesday of each month. Membership is $5 per year. Call Myrtle, (727) 934-9993.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• West Pasco Business Alliance: 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Atria Baypoint Village, 7927 State Road 52, Hudson. Meets the third Tuesday of every month. The cost is $7 and includes lunch. Abby Hamilton, (813) 817-1905.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. Professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets Wednesdays. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). The event sponsor is C&C Insurance Solutions. The cost is $5 and includes breakfast. For information, call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. The network is made up of West Pasco business leaders committed to helping each other grow and develop their businesses. For more information, visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce: Business Leaders Roundtable, 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, at the chamber office, 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. Guest speaker: Beverly Ledbetter. Discussion: How the Affordable Care Act will impact you and your business. Event sponsor: Jim Pittman/Edward Jones Investments. The event is free to chamber members. Lunch provided. To RSVP, call (813) 782-1913 by Monday.