NEW NAME AND EXPANDED SERVICE: As part of Gulfside Hospice's 25th anniversary celebration this year, the board of directors announced a new name — Gulfside Hospice & Pasco Palliative Care.
The new name highlights care for patients facing both end-of-life and chronic illness. Gulfside Hospice provides care to Pasco County residents facing a terminal illness with six months or less to live.
Pasco Palliative Care patients can receive care at any stage of a chronic sickness and can continue seeking curative treatment for their illness.
In addition to the name change, the website was redesigned.
For information, visit ghppc.org or call toll-free at 1-800-561-4883.
WOMEN-N-CHARGE GRANT PROGRAM: Women-n-Charge, whose mission, in part, is to support and assist professional women in managing their business more effectively, is offering two $1,000 grants this spring.
The business advancement grant is for business related equipment or services and the career advancement grant is for continuing education. Learn more about the grant opportunities at women-n-charge.com/Grants.html.
Applications are available online and are due March 15. For information, contact president Judy Nicolosi at (813) 600-9848 or email email@example.com.
EAST PASCO VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers, especially those who reside on the east side of Pasco, to put their business skills to work helping local businesses. SCORE mentors donate their time and talent to small businesses.
For details, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
NEW THRIFT STORE MANAGER: Caroline Wertel of Holiday, has joined HPH Hospice as its thrift store operations manager, overseeing the nonprofit agency's thrift stores in New Port Richey and Zephyrhills.
Wertel has nine years of hospice thrift store experience and two years as a donations supervisor for Goodwill. She is a member of the National Association of Resale and Thrift Shops, Women Helping Women and the Association of Christian Thrift Stores.
SMALL-BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room, 38550 Fifth Ave.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
AMBASSADORS LUNCHEON: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly Ambassador's Luncheon at noon Tuesday at the chamber's office, 38550 5th Ave., Zephyrhills. The event is sponsored by CF Industries.
Contact Pat at (813) 782-1913.
GRAND OPENING: Zone Fitness Cubs at 1252 Seven Springs Blvd., New Port Richey will have its grand opening from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday. Refreshments will be served and guests are invited to tour the 10,000-square-foot facility. For information, call Scott Scerbo at (727) 375-9663.
SMARTSTART DADE CITY INCUBATOR: Pasco Economic Development Council and Smartstart Dade City Incubator present a lunch and learn session from noon to 1 p.m. Feb. 11 at 15000 Citrus County Drive, Suite 103 in the Dade City Business Center.
The event is free. Bring your own lunch and hear guest speaker Kelley Rexroad, CEO of Krex Consulting, discuss important elements of human resources hiring tips, staying out of paperwork trouble and how to avoid a confrontational conversation.
RSVP to Krista Covey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (352) 437-4861 by Feb. 10.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 will present a series of free business seminars.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 5:15 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St..
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive.
• "How to Really Start Your Own business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 11, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road.
• "How to Apply for a 501c3," 5:15 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 12, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive.
• "Marketing to Grow Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 12, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• "Focused Selling Skills," 1 to 4 p.m. Feb. 15, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway.
• "How to Apply for Non-Profit Grants," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 18, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road.
• "Creating a Business Plan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 27, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.