BAYFRONT HEALTH: The name of a Pasco County hospital is one of several changed by its new parent company, Bayfront Health. The company has launched a multimedia campaign to let residents know about the benefits of having access to a new health care network comprising seven hospitals and more than 6,000 professionals serving the central gulf coast.
Bayfront Health St. Petersburg (previously Bayfront Medical Center) is the flagship hospital for the new network. The other hospitals include:
• Bayfront Health Dade City (previously Pasco Regional Medical Center)
• Bayfront Health Brooksville (previously Brooksville Regional Hospital)
• Bayfront Health Port Charlotte (previously Peace River Regional Medical Center)
• Bayfront Health Punta Gorda (previously Charlotte Regional Medical Center)
• Bayfront Health Spring Hill (previously Spring Hill Regional Hospital)
• Venice Regional Bayfront Health (previously Venice Regional Medical Center)
WOMEN-N-CHARGE GRANT PROGRAM: Women-n-Charge, whose mission, in part, is to support and assist professional women in managing their business more effectively, is offering two $1,000 grants this spring.
The business advancement grant is for business related equipment or services and the career advancement grant is for continuing education. Learn more about the grant opportunities at women-n-charge.com/Grants.html.
Applications are available online and are due March 15. For information, contact Judy Nicolosi, president, at (813) 600-9848 or email@example.com.
CHAMPIONS' CLUB OPENS MODEL HOME: Champions' Club announces the opening of an $825,000 Arthur Rutenberg lakefront model home on the Fox Hollow Golf Course, the first furnished model in this exclusive gated community in five years. The 3,199 square-foot Coquina design is in the village of Siena.
The model is at 10728 Ruffino Court, Trinity. It is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday. For information, call (727) 375-2800 or visit championsclubfla.com.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers to put their business skills to work helping local businesses. SCORE mentors donate their time and talent to small businesses. For details, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
SMALL-BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room, 38550 Fifth Ave.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT WEEK: The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its annual Business Development Week from Jan. 27-31 at various locations in the county. Six days of informative programs, workshops and a business expo for anyone learning about business, starting a business or expanding a business.
How to navigate Obamacare, the importance of a good first impression, and how to apply for grants are just a few of the topics being discussed. The event begins with a kickoff luncheon from 11:30 to 1 p.m. Jan. 27 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
The week ends Jan. 31 with a luncheon at Tampa Bay Golf & Country Club put on the Pasco County Economic Development Council. The event begins at 11 a.m. with networking; lunch begins at 11:30 a.m. This year's speaker is John Jung, executive director of BB&T Capital Markets. His topic is "Are the Economic Tides Finally Turning?"
Registration is $35. Register at pascoedc.com. For information, call (727) 842-7651 or visit westpasco.com.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 will present its "How to Really Start Your Own Business" seminar from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at Pasco-Hernando Community College, 10230 Ridge Road, Room 151, New Port Richey.
The seminar is free. To register and receive additional information, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
WOMEN & MONEY: Brighton Gardens of Tampa and Cooper Financial Services of Land O'Lakes, present "Are You Financially Fit?" a women's financial discussion group from noon to 1:30 p.m. Friday at Brighton Gardens, 16702 N Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa.
Discussions are free, lunch is provided courtesy of Brighton Gardens. Lunch provided for RSVPs only. For information or to RSVP, call Chris Cooper at (813) 996-6100.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, in Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Catholic Business Network: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at Our Lady of the Rosary, 2348 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes. All Christians welcome to network. Call Mary Ann Whallen at (813) 833-4737 or visit cbntampa.com.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Golden Corral Restaurant, 8928 U.S. 19, Port Richey. The speaker, June Gustus, president/director of Operation of Fortress Investigations, will discuss private detective work. Cost is $9 for members and guests and includes buffet, beverage, tax and tip. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen who meet the third Tuesday of each month. Membership is $5 per year. Call Myrtle, (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Alliance: 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Atria Baypoint Village, 7927 State Road 52, Hudson. Meets the third Tuesday of every month. The cost is $7 and includes lunch. Abby Hamilton, (813) 817-1905.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. Made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets Wednesdays. Email email@example.com.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. For more information, visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.