Blessing for nurses: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point recently held a Blessing of the Hands celebration for its nursing staff. The Rev. Jack Long, chaplain, presided over the outdoor ceremony. The ceremony symbolizes nurses' commitment to care, healing and relief of pain and suffering.
Prudential Commercial moves to new office: Prudential Commercial Real Estate has moved to 7916 Evolutions Way, Suite 210, Trinity.
The office, according to Robb Sercu, managing director, also houses the firm's accounting, mortgage, insurance, title and property management companies. For information, call (813) 739-5700.
Hospital employee of the month: David Chaput, pharmacist, was named employee of the month for March at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point.
Chaput's nominations emphasized his willingness to go above and beyond delivering medications on time. He received an employee of the month pin, a selected blanket gift, a reception with refreshments for his colleagues, a $50 gift card and a front row parking spot of his choosing for one month.
Hospital employee of the year: Jo-Ann Hill-Bald was chosen as Regional Medical Center of Bayonet Point's seventh annual employee of the year.
The award is presented to the staff member who best exemplifies employee excellence and is recommended by the Employee Advisory Group. Hill-Bald received $250, a plaque, a front row parking spot or pass in the physician's parking lot for one year, a dish garden and her photo on the display at the front entrance.
Nurse of the year: Registered nurse George Eaton was chosen as Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point's nurse of the year. The award was presented during the Good Samaritan Clinic's annual Nurses' Gala fundraiser, May 9. Eaton is a staff nurse in the neuro spine unit.
Frist Humanitarian award winners:
• Medical Center of Trinity recently announced that Sally Jones, registered nurse, received the Frist Humanitarian Award for 2013. Genevieve Van Steen was presented the Frist Humanitarian Volunteer award.
• Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announced that Dr. Annie M. Doraisingh, anesthesiologist, received the Frist Humanitarian Award for 2013.
Named in honor of the late Dr. Thomas F. Frist Sr., founder of HCA and humanitarian, the award recognizes individuals whose daily dedication and caregiving epitomize the highest standards of quality and personal commitment.
Microloans, business incubation spur entrepreneurship: Susan Scherer, nurse, entrepreneur and founder of the medical consulting startup, RN Cancer Guides, is the newest associate member of the SMARTstart Dade City Incubator and microloan recipient from the Pasco Economic Development Council. Scherer, who recently relocated her company to Wesley Chapel and joined the SMARTstart Incubator program, applied for a loan to help expand her business.
• The Greater Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly Business Breakfast from 8 to 10 a.m. Tuesday at the Tampa Bay Golf and Country Club, 10641 Old Tampa Bay Drive, San Antonio. For information, call the chamber at (813) 994-8534. U.S. Rep. Gus Bilirakis will be the guest speaker. The cost is $15 for chamber members in advance or $20 at the door. To register, visit wesleychapelchamber.com or call (813) 994-8534.
• The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly Chamber Breakfast from 7 to 8:30 a.m. Thursday at the Golden Corral, 6855 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The event is sponsored by the Tampa Bay Times, and the guest speaker will be Paul Tash, chairman and CEO. The cost is $7 and includes a hot breakfast buffet. Call Pat Pennington, (813) 782-1913.
Educating entrepreneurs: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free business seminars. Upcoming seminars include:
• "How to Really Start Your Business," noon to 2 p.m. June 10, New Port Richey SMARTstart, the new business incubator center in the city-owned former post office building, 6345 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 11, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• "Advanced QuickBooks," 5:25 to 7:30 p.m. June 12, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• "The Art of Sales Communication," noon to 3 p.m. June 13, New Port Richey SMARTstart, the new business incubator center in the city-owned former post office building, 6345 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.