The Goin' Postal Franchise Corporation announced that on Nov. 12 the Zephyrhills-based company signed its first master license agreement with Blackbird Trading Co. of Houston.
The agreement will enable Blackbird to develop 16 Hut No. 8 clothing stores in Texas, and the income from the partnership will allow the franchise to accelerate the development of its Hut No. 8 and Monkey Huggers brands.
Blackbird Trading Co. will immediately convert its four existing retail clothing stores to Hut No. 8 stores and will then develop at least two additional Hut No. 8 stores per year.
For information, call toll-free 1-800-204-6040.
• • •
The Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida and the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce have partnered to provide free consultations to small businesses and entrepreneurs in Pasco County.
Free and confidential business consulting services are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the chamber's conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
Marshall Gray, president of M/I Homes' Tampa Division, was named the 2012 Builder of the Year by the Tampa Bay Builders Association, one of the largest building/trade associations in Florida.
The induction ceremony took place recently and also marked the swearing in of the 2013 officers, including president Joe Fontana; president-elect Willy Nunn; first vice president Andrea Johnson; treasurer Jason Starling; and secretary Laurie Steward.
According to Gray, the outgoing association president, the group also presented its Associate of the Year award to Heritage Drywall's Laurie Steward, and the Remodeler of the Year to Ed Bezdek.
The 2011 Chris Demaio President's Cup was presented to LRE Ground Services. The association promotes professionalism and continuing education within the tri-county building and development industry, while encouraging industry participation in the community at large.
For information call (813) 571-8222.
SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free business seminars:
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• "Advanced Quickbooks," 5 to 6:45 p.m. Thursday at Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• • •
A Truckers and Trades Career Fair will be 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Verizon Wireless Conference Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey.
Attendance is available to any Pasco or Hernando county resident or employer. The event, which is free and open to the public, is sponsored by Career Central, Employ Florida Marketplace, Verizon and Roadmaster Drivers School. Between 15 and 20 employers will be in attendance with openings in construction, plumbing, transportation, maintenance, electrical, HVAC (heating, ventilation and air- conditioning) and more.
Meet employers looking for skilled trade workers and commercial licensed truck drivers. Attendees should bring resumes, dress for success and be prepared for on-the-spot interviews.
To preregister for the event, visit truckersandtradescareerfair.eventbrite.com. For information, call Dianne Perkins at (352) 200-3020, ext. 3122, or Kristie Drinosky at (727) 484-3400, ext. 0245.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its Business Leaders Roundtable from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday at Blackstone's Reef and Grill, 38361 County Road 54, Zephyrhills.
The event, sponsored by Jim Pittman of Edward Jones Investments, is free to chamber members. The Business Leaders Roundtable, a program of the chamber, is an opportunity for small-business owners and leaders to openly discuss issues and trends affecting local businesses.
Lunch will be provided. RSVP to (813) 782-1913.
• • •
Business and Professional Women of Calusa will have a shred-a-thon from 10 a.m. to noon Dec. 1 at A+ Tax and Accounting, 6518 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
A shredding truck will be on site to shred all personal documents. The cost is $5 per letter size box; $8 per legal size box. All proceeds benefit BPW scholarships.
The event is sponsored by FLA Title Services, A+ Tax and Accounting, and CPU Technologies. For information, call Judy at (727) 847-6324.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. Carolyn Sentelik, director of Florida Hospital Zephyrhills, will discuss the Simpson Breast Health Center; and Skip Mahaffey, author and radio personality, will also speak. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who work together to promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source Chapter: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost with breakfast is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.