PANACHE BEVERAGES CLOSES ON DISTILLERY: Panache Beverage, a premier alcoholic beverage company in New Port Richey, has closed on its acquisition of the Empire Winery and Distillery, officially changing the name to Panache Distillery.
The acquisition enables Panache to vertically integrate its supply chain while opening new business opportunities for the public company. The equipment at the distillery is capable of producing and bottling more than 650,000 9-liter cases of distilled spirits annually, and improvements are under way to increase that to more than 1.2 million cases. Up to 20 jobs are expected to be created.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers to put their business skills to work helping local businesses. SCORE mentors donate their time and talent to small businesses. For information, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
PASCO ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL AWARDS: The Pasco Economic Development Council's 27th annual Appreciation Banquet was Sept. 4.
Adams Arms was honored with a 2013 Manufacturing Industry of the Year award, Category 2. Adams Arms has created 100 jobs in Pasco County since arriving in 2012.
Goin' Postal Franchise was honored with the 2013 Service and Distribution Industry of the Year award, Category 2. Owners Dr. M.J. and Marcus Price have been business partners for 17 years and have been married for 16 years. They are the perfect examples of serial entrepreneurs, said Skip Miller, chairman of the Pasco EDC banquet award committee and senior vice president of SunTrust.
Pasco EDC recognizes local companies that exhibit exemplary growth in technology, innovation, job creation, capital investment and community service.
AMBASSADOR OF THE MONTH: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce named Katy Boyd Ambassador of the Month.
Boyd regularly attends the monthly ambassador meetings, ribbon-cuttings and mixers, and is part of the Student Citizen of the Month program. She recently volunteered to be the group's secretary to keep track of the many projects the ambassadors take on monthly.
TOP AGENTS: Coldwell Banker F.I. Grey & Son Residential, 6330 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, has announced its top Realtors for August:
Wilma Lee received the Top Listing Agent by Volume award.
Randal Jenkins received the Top Listing Agent by Units award.
Team Maceda, whose members include Joseph P. Maceda Jr., Kristin Mizgorski, Rebecca Duffy and Tricia Shade received the Top Selling Agents by Volume and the Top Selling Agents by Units awards.
Carolyn Hill received the Top Producing Agent by Volume and Top Producing Agent by Units awards.
For information, call office manager Kelly Parker-Powell at (727) 495-2424.
TOURISM DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL WELCOMES NEW MEMBER: Kyle Von Kohorn, manager of the Holiday Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott, was recently appointed to the Tourism Development Council. Ted Schrader, chairman of the TDC and Pasco County Commission chairman, made the nomination.
AMBASSADOR LUNCHEON: West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its Ambassador Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Cost is $12 per person and includes tax, gratuity and beverage. The event sponsor is Bob Memoli, Florida Luxury Realty. RSVP to the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have three ribbon-cuttings this week:
• Suncoast Harmony Chorus, at the CARES Rao Musunuru M.D. Enrichment Center, 12417 Clock Tower Parkway, Hudson, at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday. Call Ann Clark, (727) 842-5847.
• MaxCare Pharmacy, 6512 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. Call Maged Shoukry, (727) 807-7050.
• HoneyBaked Ham and Cafe, 8637 U.S. 19, Port Richey, at 11:30 a.m. Thursday. Call Lisa Shippy Gonzalez, (727) 815-3739.
CHAMBER RECOGNITIONS: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its annual Member Appreciation and Community Awards Banquet from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday at the Scotland Yard Golf Club, 9424 U.S. 301, Dade City. Tickets are $50. For information, call the chamber at (813) 782-1913.
COMMUNITY FUNDRAISER: Bob Evans, 9115 U.S. 19, Port Richey, will donate 15 percent of sales from 7 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Saturday and Sept. 22 to Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services.
Customers must present flyer at time of check out. To print the flyer, visit the Deaf and Hard of Hearing website at deafhhsfla.org or visit their Facebook page. Flyers can also be picked up at the DHHS office at 8610 Galen Wilson Blvd., Port Richey. For information, call (727) 853-1010.
BPW CALUSA FUNDRAISER: Business & Professional Women Calusa will have its seventh annual Fashion Show Luncheon at 11 a.m. Saturday at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., New Port Richey. The event benefits BPW Calusa's scholarship fund.
Tickets are $30 in advance, $40 at the door. For tickets, contact Joanne Grassi, (727) 856-9595.
FREE SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars:
• "Advanced QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
• "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 24, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 26, Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
To register, and for additional information, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
SMALL-BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave.
The chamber offers the free and confidential consultations in partnership with the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida.
To get information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
Save the date
NATIONAL PHILANTHROPY DAY LUNCHEON: The Nature Coast chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals will host its National Philanthropy Day luncheon at noon Nov. 12 at the Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
Nominations are now being accepted. Categories include: philanthropist of the year, philanthropic corporation, philanthropic small business, philanthropic service organization, volunteer and youth.
Sponsorships are available. Contact Craig McCart at (727) 834-5479.
PIGZ IN Z'HILLS BBQ & BLUES: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce's fourth annual Pigz in Z'Hills BBQ & Blues will be Jan. 18 at the Zephyrhills Municipal Airport, 39450 South Ave. Visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, in Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Royal Super Buffet, 9550 U.S. 19, Suite 1 (in the Chili's shopping center), Port Richey. Speaker: Ramona Rodriguez Jenkins, Essential Bodywear representative. Topic: bra fitting, and breast and bra care. Cost is $9 per person and includes buffet lunch, beverage, tax and tip. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen who meet regularly on the third Tuesday of each month. Membership is $5 per year. Call Myrtle, (727) 934-9993.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• West Pasco Business Alliance: 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Atria Baypoint Village, 7927 State Road 52, Hudson. Meets the third Tuesday of every month. The cost is $7 and includes lunch. Abby Hamilton, (813) 817-1905.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets Wednesdays. Email [email protected]
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). The event sponsor is C&C Insurance Solutions. The cost is $5 and includes breakfast. For information, call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. The network is made up of West Pasco business leaders committed to helping each other grow and develop their businesses. For more information, visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Chamber of Commerce's Chamber After Five:00 Mixer and Open House, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at ABCO Graphics & Printing, 11515 Pryamid Drive, Odessa. Giveaways, door prizes, hors d'oeuvres and refreshments will be served. (727) 376-7200.