PASCO ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL AWARDS: Sign-A-Rama of Wesley Chapel was honored with the 2013 Manufacturing Industry of the Year award, Category One during PEDC's 27th annual Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 4.
Sign-A-Rama is a Hispanic-owned, full-service sign shop that has grown from a husband and wife operation to having 14 employees since its inception in 2010. The company recently purchased a new 7,500-square-foot manufacturing facility to increase production lines and allow them to become a wholesaler to other trades.
For information, visit signarama-newtampa.com.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers to put their business skills to work helping local businesses. SCORE mentors donate their time and talent to small businesses. For information, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
SAINT LEO UNIVERSITY APPOINTS DE HILL: Kelly De Hill was recently appointed associate vice president and general council for Saint Leo University. De Hill will be responsible for advising the university community on legal matters, investigating and resolving legal issues, contract negotiations, and review and risk management.
Previously, De Hill was general counsel at Westminster College in Salt Lake City, Utah. For information, call (352) 588-8572.
BPW OF FLORIDA SECURE A LOBBYIST: The Florida Federation of Business and Professional Women has secured Barbara Devane, longtime activist, as the organization's lobbyist to support the 2013-14 Public Policy Platform.
Devane was a teacher for 15 years before expanding her career into lobbying, campaign management and fighting to empower women and the working class. She lobbies for the Florida National Organization for Women (NOW).
For information, visit bpwfl.org.
LIFECHOICES WOMEN'S CARE HIRES DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL SERVICES: Brenda Pereira was recently hired as director of clinical services at LifeChoices Women's Care in Lutz.
Pereira has more than 12 years of nursing experience. In her role at LifeChoices Women's Care she will be responsible for furthering the mission of the center, which offers free pregnancy testing, counseling and educational services to women of all ages by implementing client programs which assures that all clients receive truthful, fact based information and care in a nonthreatening and non-coercive manner.
For information, call (813) 948-7734.
COMMUNITY FUNDRAISER: Bob Evans, 9115 U.S. 19, Port Richey, will donate 15 percent of sales from 7 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. today to Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services.
Customers must present flyer at time of check out. To print the flyer, visit the Deaf and Hard of Hearing website at deafhhsfla.org or visit its Facebook page. Flyers can also be picked up at the DHHS office at 8610 Galen Wilson Blvd., Port Richey. For information, call (727) 853-1010.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTING: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting for the Pooch Parlor, at the chamber office, 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills, at 5 p.m. Tuesday. For information, call (813) 782-1913.
SEMI-ANNUAL JOB FAIR: The Shops at Wiregrass, 28211 Paseo Drive, Suite 100, Wesley Chapel, will host its Semi-Annual Job Fair from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday in space 130 in the Center Court next to Pottery Barn.
This is an opportunity for community members to showcase their resume and network with store managers looking to hire full- and part-time positions for the holiday season. Potential employees will have the opportunity to fill out applications in-person and speak with managers about relative experience.
For information, visit theshopsatwiregrass.com.
PANCAKES & POLITICS: The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its Pancakes & Politics event at 8 a.m. Friday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. The event is sponsored by Pontlitz Asset Advisors. The cost is $15 and includes a full breakfast. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Wednesday.
FREE SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars:
• "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
To register, and for additional information, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
SMALL-BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave.
The chamber offers the free and confidential consultations in partnership with the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida.
To get information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
Save the date
NATIONAL PHILANTHROPY DAY LUNCHEON: The Nature Coast chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals will host its National Philanthropy Day luncheon at noon Nov. 12 at the Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
Nominations are now being accepted. Categories include: philanthropist of the year, philanthropic corporation, philanthropic small business, philanthropic service organization, volunteer and youth.
Sponsorships are available. Contact Craig McCart at (727) 834-5479.
HARVEST FESTIVAL/BUSINESS EXPO: The 10th annual Harvest Festival/Business Expo will be from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 2 at Zephyr Park, 38116 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
The free event is a faith and family event offering live Christian entertainment, exhibitors and businesses, in addition to food, games, giveaways and family fun.
For information, call (813) 317-4975 or email [email protected]
PIGZ IN Z'HILLS BBQ & BLUES: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce's fourth annual Pigz in Z'Hills BBQ & Blues will be Jan. 18 at the Zephyrhills Municipal Airport, 39450 South Ave. Visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, in Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Hudson Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Atria Baypoint Village, 7927 State Road 52, Hudson. The event is sponsored by Read Wealth Management. The cost is $10. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Monday.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets Wednesdays. Email [email protected]
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Trinity Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Fox Hollow Golf Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. The event is sponsored by ABCO Graphics & Printing. The cost is $11. RSVP to the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• West Pasco Business Network: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. The network is made up of West Pasco business leaders committed to helping each other grow and develop their businesses. For more information, visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Benchwarmers at Whiskey River Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Benchwarmers at Whiskey River, 5245 Limestone Drive, Port Richey. Sponsored by A' Tax & Accounting Services. The cost is $10. RSVP to the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Wednesday.
• Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Committee: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at American Consulting Engineers, 2818 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Suite 200, Wesley Chapel. For information, call chamber chairman Jeff Miller at (813) 994-6795.