HOSPITAL EARNS THE GRADE: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has earned the top "A" Safe Hospital Score from the Leapfrog Group. The score is derived from Leapfrog's key questions and publicly reported data, allowing for the comparison of hospital safety performance.
To see the full report, visit hospitalsafetyscore.org.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers to put their business skills to work helping local businesses. SCORE mentors donate their time and talent to small businesses. For details, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
SMALL-BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave.
The chamber offers the free and confidential consultations in partnership with the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida.
To get information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
FINANCIAL PLANNING PRACTICE REOPENS: David Meglay, a certified financial planner, has reopened Harbor Financial Planners at 3030 Starkey Blvd., Trinity. Meglay has more than 12 years of investment and financial planning experience. For information, call (727) 753-0166.
DOCTOR RECEIVES NATIONAL RECOGNITION: Dr. Steven Strobbe, board certified in osteopathic manipulative medicine, was recently recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance and the American Diabetes Association for providing quality care to his patients with diabetes.
The diabetes recognition program was designed to improve the quality of care that diabetic patients receive by recognizing clinicians who deliver quality care.
Strobbe is the owner of Gulf Coast Medical Center, which has two offices in Port Richey and one in Spring Hill. For information, visit gcmc1.com.
HOSPICE THRIFT SHOPPE CELEBRATES ANNIVERSARY: Gulfside Regional Hospice's Thrift Shoppe, 6117 State Road 54 in New Port Richey will celebrate its first anniversary by having a 25 percent off storewide "Sale-a-Bration" from Monday through Saturday during normal business hours.
To kick off the week of Sale-a-Bration, the thrift shop will host Dale Smrekar, president of Downsizing Advisory Service from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday, as he offers in-store antique appraisals. Smrekar will appraise any single item for $2 or three items for $5. All proceeds from the appraisals will support Gulfside's Hike for Hospice event on Nov. 10.
AMBASSADORS LUNCHEON: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly Ambassadors Luncheon at noon Tuesday at the chamber office, 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. The event is sponsored by CF Industries. Call (813) 782-1913.
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings this week:
• Feola's Service Center, 10221 State Road 52, Hudson, at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.
• National Pain Institute, 4219 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Thursday.
To schedule a ribbon-cutting, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting at Curves for Women, 5008 Mission Square Circle, Zephyrhills, at 5:15 p.m. Wednesday. The event will include an open house from 5 to 6 p.m.
For information, call the chamber at (813) 782-1913.
NATIONAL PHILANTHROPY DAY LUNCHEON: The Nature Coast Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals will host its National Philanthropy Day luncheon at noon Nov. 12 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
The Nature Coast Chapter includes Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties.
Nominations are being accepted. Categories include: philanthropist of the year, philanthropic corporation, philanthropic small business, philanthropic service organization, volunteer and youth. Sponsorships and tickets are available. Contact Debra Golinski, event chairwoman, or Craig McCart, sponsorship committee chairman, at (727) 834-5479.
COUNTY FAIR: The Women's Connection of New Port Richey will host its "A County Fair" program from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Nov. 11 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. The program will be followed at noon by guest speaker Nada Decker, who will discuss the topic, "Do you feel invisible, like you don't matter?" The cost is $15 and includes the program, luncheon and speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 by Saturday.
FREE SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting several free seminars.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5730 Moog Road, Holiday.
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 4th St., Dade City.
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:15 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 12, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "Marketing to Grow Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 12, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
To register and for additional information, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Save the date
PIGZ IN Z'HILLS BBQ & BLUES: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce's fourth annual Pigz in Z'Hills BBQ & Blues will be Jan. 18 at the Zephyrhills Municipal Airport, 39450 South Ave. Visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, in Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Catholic Business Network: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at Our Lady of the Rosary, 2348 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes. All Christians welcome to network. Call Mary Ann Whallen at (813) 833-4737 or visit cbntampa.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. Made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets Wednesdays. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). The event sponsor is C&C Insurance Solutions. The cost is $5 and includes breakfast. For information, call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. For more information, visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.
• Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce Business Breakfast: 7 to 8:30 a.m. Thursday at Golden Corral, 6855 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The event is sponsored by the Tampa Bay Times. The cost is $7 for members and includes a hot breakfast buffet. Call (813) 782-1913.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Group: Networking from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Fox Hollow Golf Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. The event is sponsored by Shelton, Thompson and VonSick cosmetic and family dentistry. The group meets the second Thursday of each month. $12 per person. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Wednesday.
• Women Helping Women: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Medical Center of Trinity, 9330 State Road 54, Trinity. Lunch is available for purchase in the hospital cafeteria. To RSVP, call Gigi D. Evans at (727) 945-9669.