Volunteers are needed for the Home Builders Blitz to be held June 4 to 8 at 1838 Arcadia Road, Holiday. Local businesses and caring individuals will partner with West Pasco Habitat for Humanity and West Pasco Board of Realtors to raise the walls on a home and give hope to a low-income family seeking affordable housing.
During the week of June 4, the nationwide Home Builders Blitz seeks to build 250 homes thanks to the volunteer labor provided by local businesses and countless volunteers.
For information and to volunteer, call West Pasco Habitat for Humanity at (727) 859-9038.
• • •
Leadership Pasco, a development program that explores issues through a series of seminars and hands-on activities, is accepting applications for its Class of 2013.
The program is open to people interested in community involvement and supporting the prosperity of Pasco County.
Topics include leadership skills, the history of Pasco County, education, health care and social services, law enforcement and criminal justice, economic and business development, government and infrastructure.
Applications are due by June 1, and may be submitted at leadershippasco.com.
For an application, send an email request to Cindy Ewald, Leadership Pasco's recruitment chairwoman, at [email protected]
Maronda Homes, which builds residences throughout the Tampa Bay area, will have an open house at its Valencia model home from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. today in the Abbey Glenn community, just off State Road 52 near John S. Burks Memorial Park in Dade City.
Model home hours are from noon to 7 p.m. Mondays; from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays; and from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays. For information, call (352) 521-3284 or visit marondahomes.com.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce Ambassador Luncheon will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Atria Baypoint Village, 7927 State Road 52, Hudson. The event is sponsored by Bob Memoli, Florida Luxury Realty.
The buffet is $7 (cash only), which includes beverage, tax and gratuity. For information, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings this week:
• TheHomeMag of Tampa Bay, 6044 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.
• Quality Docks, 8121 Kristel Circle, Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Thursday.
For information, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon cutting at Capri Pizza & More, 7825 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills, at noon Wednesday. Call (813) 783-2906 or the chamber at (813) 782-1913.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its After Five Mixer from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. The event is hosted by Verizon Wireless/Cellular Sales of Northern Florida.
Light hors d'oeuvres and libations will be available. For information, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its chamber breakfast from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Friday at Golden Corral, 8929 U.S. 19, Port Richey. The event is sponsored by Career Central.
The cost is $10 and includes a full breakfast. For information, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Thursday.
• • •
Service Corps of Retired Executives Pasco-Hernando Chapter 439 will present the free seminar "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 29, Centennial Park Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• New Port Richey BNI: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. Speakers will be Brad Young, South East Personnel Leasing; and Kathy Cacciola, Total Retirement Security. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. Guest speaker is School Board member Joanne Hurley. The group meets the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who work together to promote each other's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Business Network International (BNI) Revenue Source Chapter: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost with breakfast is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Neighborhood Networks Meeting: 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Trio's Restaurant at Quality Inn and Suites, 5316 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. Call Maryann Wilkes at (813) 264-6108 or visit ourneighborhoodnetworks.com.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. For information or a reservation, call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Committee: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at American Consulting Engineers, 2818 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Suite 200, Wesley Chapel. For information, call chamber chairman Jeff Miller at (813) 994-6795.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.