Cayce Home Consignments has opened at 6616 Land O'Lakes Blvd., Land O'Lakes. Owner Catherine Borkowski, a former teacher, offers gently used home and garden furniture, decorative items, artwork, knick-knacks, glass, china, linens, antiques and collectibles.
The store has separate rooms and areas organized by theme, depending on the consigned items available, including Grandmother's Attic, Grand Show Room, Man Cave, French Foyer, Italian Ren Kitchen, Asian Persuasion, Roman Baths and Wedding Nook.
Borkowski runs the business with her husband, David Borkowski. The business is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, and on Sunday and Monday by appointment. For information, call (813) 996-7125.
• • •
McGee Auto Service & Tires has opened a store at 6135 Salt Springs Road, Port Richey, in the former site of the Superior Auto Service Center. The family owned and operated business offers tires, wheels and a full range of automotive services.
For information, call (727) 846-8844.
• • •
Gulf Coast Medical Center has once again earned the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval by demonstrating compliance with the organization's national standards for health care quality and safety.
The center has two locations in Port Richey: at 11528 U.S. 19 and at 9238 U.S. 19.
• • •
Community Hospital, the future Medical Center of Trinity, has received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With the Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award. The award recognizes the hospital's commitment and success in implementing excellent care for stroke patients, according to evidence-based guidelines.
To receive the award, the hospital achieved 85 percent or higher adherence to all Get With the Guidelines-Stroke quality achievement indicators for two or more consecutive 12-month intervals and achieved 75 percent or higher compliance with six of 10 quality measures.
For information, visit communityhospitalnpr.com.
• • •
Ford of Port Richey, 10715 U.S. 19, Port Richey, is offering special pricing for all 2011 graduates in support of the nonprofit organization, Standing Tall For Veterans.
Ford of Port Richey will extend "military pricing" to 2011 high school and college graduates. Under the program, Ford of Port Richey will also make a $100 donation to Standing Tall for each new or used vehicle sold when a customer mentions the agency.
For more information, visit StandingTallForVeterans.org.
• • •
The Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce announces its summer business hours will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. For information, call (813) 782-1913 .
• • •
Leadership Pasco, a development program that explores critical issues through a series of seminars and hands-on activities, is accepting applications for its Class of 2012.
The program is open to people interested in community involvement and perpetuating the prosperity of Pasco County.
Topics include leadership skills, the history of Pasco County, education, health care-social services, law enforcement-criminal justice, economic and business development, government and infrastructure.
Submit applications by June 1, at LeadershipPasco.com. For an application, call Leadership Pasco toll-free at 1-866-783-1122 or (727) 844-5247.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point recently announced the 2011 first quarter recipients of its Employee Essential Piece awards and its service award recipients.
The Essential Piece Award recognizes employees for their demonstration of customer service. These are employees who are observed going the extra mile on a daily basis. The individuals selected were recognized by their peers as having demonstrated outstanding customer service.
Recognized were registered nurse Karen Karl, neuro/spine; registered nurse David Kokoruz, medical/oncology, and registered nurse Colleen Pascalli, neuro/spine.
Honored for five years of service were Joseph Backes, Yvette Buckley, Pauline Campbell, Donna Earnest, Jose Garcia, Connie Gilbert, Jessica Gilbert, Dennis Greenwood, Rosemarie Pinizzotto, Marietta Santos, Darcy Schriever, Eileen Spensiero, Margaret VonHahmann and Jacquelynne Wheeler.
Ten-year service awards were awarded to: Janice Harvey, Amber Mahaffy, Kathleen Santana and Adam Stebbins.
Fifteen-year service awards went to Rosa Aday, Anita Chavez, John Chavez, John Culligan, Phyllis Haack, Bonnye Johnson, Judith Noggle and John Stine.
Honored for 20 years of service were Richard Portelance, Jean Vitori, Julie Whelan and Judy Winters. The 25-year recipients were Kathleen Bond, Nicole Huber, Joann Jacoby and Cathy Tobin.
Honored for 30 years of service were Teresa Cook, Christine Drain, Margaret Krzeminski and Kim Smith.
CARES Rao Musunuru, M.D. Enrichment Center, 12417 Clock Tower Parkway, Hudson, will have a small business fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today.
More than 10 Hudson area businesses will have display tables, and each will offer a gift basket. There will be drawings for door prizes. Winners don't need to be present to win. Free food and beverages will be available.
For information, call (727) 863-6868.
• • •
The Zephyrhills Student Citizens Annual Banquet will begin at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Zephyrhills Elks Clubhouse, 6851 Wire Road, Zephyrhills.
The annual event, hosted by the Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce, honors the year's student citizens of the month from area schools and their accomplishments in their academic and community endeavors.
The venue sponsor is Zephyrhills Elks Lodge 2731; the dinner sponsor is Maine-ly New England, and the trophy sponsor is Jarrett Ford Lincoln of Dade City.
Gold sponsors include San Antonio Federal Credit Union, CF Industries, Sylvan Learning Center and Chancey Road Christian Church.
• • •
The Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon cutting at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Branch of Christ Ministries, 27223 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. (813) 994-5399.
• • •
The Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its May chamber breakfast at 7 a.m. Thursday at the West Winds Assisted Living Facility, 37411 Eiland Blvd., Zephyrhills.
Door prizes, networking and food will be available.
Tickets are $7 per person. For information, call (813) 782-1913.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will hold its annual banquet at 6:30 p.m. June 10 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Dr. Chris Dunning will be installed as chairman of the board, along with the other officers and directors. The chamber also will present its annual awards. For information or to attend the banquet, call the chamber office at (727) 842-7651.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also e-mail items to [email protected] or fax them to (727) 869-6233. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Panera Bread, 3234 Little Road in the Mitchell Ranch Plaza, Trinity. Meets every Monday. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce: membership orientation, 9 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Ford, second floor conference room, 28739 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel. Capt. Rob will give informal presentation. All chamber members invited.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is a pool of professionals who work together to promote each others' businesses. Meets every Tuesday. For information, visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Wednesday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 (includes breakfast). For information or to RSVP, call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost, including breakfast, is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Individuals pay for their own lunch. Call group director Martine Duncan, co-owner of the Theater Doctor, at (813) 929-6816.
•Neighborhood Networks: 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Whiskey River Saltwater Grill, 5245 Limestone Drive, Port Richey. Meets every Wednesday. Call Josh Green at (727) 457-2393.
• Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce Economic Development: Government affairs committee meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at American Consulting Engineers, 2818 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Suite 200, Wesley Chapel. The speaker will be County Commissioner Pat Mulieri. For information, contact Jeff Miller, (813) 994-6795.
• BNI Referral Connections: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Capt. Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.