• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. Speakers will be Michael Eastman of Northwestern Mutual and Sallie Rice with AFLAC. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. Tuesday at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The business networking group, hosted by Cadence Bank (formerly Superior Bank), promotes individual business members. The group meets the second Tuesday of each month. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who work together to promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source Chapter: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost with breakfast is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:45 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). The event sponsor is A.L. Saland Insurance Solutions. The cost is $5 and includes breakfast. For information, call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Cottages of Port Richey, 5905 Pine Hill Road, Port Richey. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco. The group meets the second Wednesday of each month. Call Lori Felber, president, at (727) 863-5808.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Neighborhood Networks Meeting: 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Trio's Restaurant at Quality Inn and Suites, 5316 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. Call Maryann Wilkes at (813) 264-6108 or visit ourneighborhoodnetworks.com.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
On July 31, two award-winning automotive dealerships in Dade City teamed up to create the only full-line Chevrolet, Buick and GMC dealership in the Tampa Bay area.
Jim Browne Patriot Chevrolet and Pasco Motors Buick GMC have joined forces to create Jim Browne Pasco Chevrolet Buick GMC. While the name has changed, the sales and service staffs and locations, have not.
Consolidating the two dealerships will provide a one-stop shop for customers' Chevy, Buick and GMC sales and service needs.
To accommodate current Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, pre-owned, service and parts customers, the consolidated business will continue to operate the two Dade City locations; the former Jim Browne Patriot Chevrolet dealership at 10741 U.S. 301, and the former Pasco Motors Buick GMC dealership at 14341 N Seventh St., for one year.
During that year, the Jim Browne Patriot Chevrolet facility will be expanded and renovated, and customers will have the flexibility to choose which location is more convenient to meet their needs.
For information, call (352) 567-1222.
• • •
Southwest & Tropical, a furniture and home decor store, recently relocated from 5635 to 5641 State Road 54, New Port Richey.
After eight years, owners Reinhold "Ron" and Dorothy Herbinger decided to expand their pottery, fountains and garden decor sections of the business, and sell off the rustic furniture, home decor and wall art items the original store carried.
Dorothy Herbinger will continue to sell her Minnetonka moccasin line; and the new location also will carry garden decor items such as brass and cast iron sundials, stainless steel and glass gazing balls, along with Talavera critters and planters.
The business' summer hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, and by appointment on Sunday and Monday. For information, call (727) 848-9536 or visit southwesternaccents.com.
• • •
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point recently received the Get With the Guidelines — Heart Failure Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association for its excellence in the treatment of patients with heart failure.
Get With the Guidelines is a quality improvement initiative that provides hospital staff with tools that follow proven evidence-based guidelines and procedures in caring for heart failure patients to improve outcomes, prevent future hospitalizations and prolong life.
For information, visit heart.org/quality.
• • •
Sponsors are needed for the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce's third-annual Pigz in Z'Hills event, a backyard and professional barbecue cookoff competition and blues festival set for Oct. 27 at the Charles B. Krusen Memorial Field, 4626 Krusen Field Road, near 20th Street and Alston Avenue in Zephyrhills.
For information, call the chamber at (813) 782-1913 or visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
• • •
H&R Block is collecting school supplies for the foster children program until Aug. 21. Needed items include notebook paper, wide-ruled paper, three-prong pocket folders, No. 2 pencils, glue sticks, correction fluid, highlighters, Fiskars scissors, index cards, and hygiene items such as deodorant, shampoo and conditioner.
Items may be dropped off at the Embassy Crossing office at 9680 U.S. 19 in Port Richey, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays; 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesdays; and from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays. Items can be dropped off from 1 to 5 p.m. on Fridays at the office at 9037 U.S. 19 in Port Richey.
For information, call (727) 859-1040 or (727) 849-1040.
Access Healthcare announces that NancyLee Young was recently appointed medical assistant at the office of Dr. Jennifer Laman, located in the Oakstead Professional Center, 19409 Shumard Oak Drive, Suite 103, Land O'Lakes.
Young comes to Access Healthcare from the University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics in Madison, where she served as a medical assistant and clinical assistant since 2001.
As a medical assistant, Young will be responsible for overall administration of Laman's office, scheduling patients and maintaining patient flow as well as assisting and evaluating patient care needs, recording vitals and more.
Young was trained at Watterson School of Business & Technology in Philadelphia, where she earned a medical assistant certificate. She is also CPR certified through the American Heart Association.
• • •
Coldwell Banker F.I. Grey & Son Residential, 6330 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, announces its top Realtors for July:
Team Maceda, whose members include Joseph P. Maceda Jr., Kristin Mizgorski and Rebecca Duffy, won the "Top Selling Agents by Volume," and the "Top Listing Agent by Volume" awards.
Realtor Sean Riordan won the "Top Selling Agent by Units" award.
Realtor Randal Jenkins won the "Top Listing Agent by Units" and the "Top Producing Agent by Units" awards.
Realtor Jon "J.B." Bogdanowitz won the "Top Producing Agent by Volume" award.
Call Kelly Parker-Powell, office manager, at (727) 375-5700.
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have four ribbon-cuttings this week:
• Excel Creative Learning Academy, 9332 State Road 54, Suite 204, Trinity, 11:30 a.m. today.
• Cadence Bank, 4010 Little Road, New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.
• Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Suite 107, Trinity, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.
• Betty Marie's Meals & More, at the chamber office, 5443 Main St., New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Thursday.
For information, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• • •
Florida Estates Winery, 25241 State Road 52, near Land O'Lakes, will host a wine festival from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. today.
The event includes vendors offering unique gifts, live entertainment by Jarrod Cooke, and an opportunity to sample the winery's offerings. Meet the winemaker and participate in an educational tasting. Pets are welcome.
For information, call (813) 996-2113.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its quarterly luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Fox Hollow Golf Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity.
Scott Fink, CEO of Hyundai of New Port Richey, will speak about the Transitional Housing Project.
The cost is $11 per person, which includes beverage, tax and gratuity. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• • •
The Student Activities Office of Pasco-Hernando Community College will host its Business Expo event at various PHCC campuses this month.
All events, which are free and held outdoors, will begin at 10 a.m. and end at 2 p.m.
• Aug. 20 at the Dade City Campus, at the ramp near the library.
• Aug. 21 at the Brooksville Campus, on the field.
• Aug. 22 at the Spring Hill Campus, in the center courtyard.
• Aug. 23 at the New Port Richey Campus, outside the library.
PHCC will provide one 6-foot table and two chairs for each business. Electricity, if requested, may be available for displays. Tents (10 by 10 feet) also will be provided on a first-come basis.
To reserve a space for your business, RSVP at phcc.edu/rsvp.
For information email Amber Watson at [email protected]
• • •
The Business and Professional Women of Calusa will meet at 11:30 a.m. Friday at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., New Port Richey.
This month's program speaker will be Terri McConomy, community educator at All Children's Hospital. Guests are welcome. Meals are $12.95 per person.
For information, call Gabby Flores at (727) 841-7888 or visit bpwcalusa.org.
• • •
Service Corps of Retired Executives Pasco-Hernando Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars:
• "How to Market in this Economy," 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Lykes Memorial Library, main branch, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville.
• "Introduction to Quickbooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway.
• "How to Qualify as a Not-for-Profit," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive.
• "How to Successfully Obtain a Business Loan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 21 at New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 21 at Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road.
• "How to Market in this Economy," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 23 at New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 28 at Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.