SIGN UP NOW FOR CLASS OF 2015: Leadership Pasco is now accepting applications for the Class of 2015. The program explores critical issues through a series of seminars and hands-on activities. Applicants should be interested in serving the community, committed to personal and professional growth, involved in business and community organizations and dedicated to a positive future for Pasco County.
The program includes topics such as leadership skills, history of Pasco County, education, health care/social services, law enforcement/criminal justice, economic and business development, government and infrastructure.
The deadline for applications is June 1. Applications must be submitted online at LeadershipPasco.com. For information, visit the Leadership Pasco website or contact Bob Memoli, recruitment chairman, at [email protected]
AMONG THE BEST EMERGENCY CARE HOSPITALS: Medical Center of Trinity was recently named a recipient of the Women's Choice Award as one of America's Best Hospitals in emergency care.
The award is based on criteria that considers patient satisfaction, clinical excellence and what women really want when it comes to treatment and a quality hospital experience.
HOSPITAL EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH: Mark Blankenship, registered respiratory therapist, was recently recognized as Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point's Employee of the Month for February.
Blankership, a member of the hospital's respiratory care team, received a $50 gift card, an Employee of the Month pin, a front row parking spot to use for one month, a selected blanket gift and a reception with refreshments with his colleagues.
Each monthly recipient is also placed in nomination for the Employee of the Year award.
HOSPITAL EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR: Yvette Ivie was recently named Bayfront Health Dade City's 2013 Employee of the Year. The award is the highest honor bestowed on a hospital employee each year.
Ivie, who has worked at Bayfront Health Dade City since Jan. 30, 2000, began her career in the diagnostic imaging department, and after expanding her skills by cross-training in computer tomography and special procedures, she earned her certification in mammography.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING SELECTED: Cheryl Kennison was recently selected as the new director of marketing at Florida Hospital Zephyrhills.
Kennison comes to the hospital from Florida Hospital Tampa where she served as the marketing manager. She has a bachelor's degree in public relations and marketing from Union College in Nebraska.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTING: West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting for the Law Office of Amanda Colon, PA, 8630 Government Drive, Suite 102, New Port Richey, at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.
JOB FAIR: The Pasco Youth Initiative will host a free job fair from 5 to 9 p.m. Thursday at the Verizon Events Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey.
Employers participating include Pasco County Government, Talk Time, Southeastern College, Brickman Management and many more. Job candidates are encouraged to dress for success and bring resumes.
For information, contact Dawn Easter, PYI chairwoman, at (727) 463-8730 or at [email protected]
BEAUTY IS ONLY SKIN DEEP: Women's Connection of New Port Richey will present "Beauty Is Only Skin Deep," at its regular monthly meeting, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 14 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Carolyn Pruette will speak on the topic: "So I'm Not Miss America — Get over it!" Silver jewelry, presented by Diane Truax, will be featured.
The cost is $15 and includes the program, luncheon and speaker.
To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 by Saturday.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 will present a series of free business seminars.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 5 to 6;45 p.m. Tuesday, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• "Advanced QuickBooks," 5:25 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "How to apply for a Business Loan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• "Creating a Business Plan," 525 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• "Using the Internet in your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, in Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Catholic Business Network: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at Our Lady of the Rosary, 2348 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes. All Christians welcome to network. Call Mary Ann Whallen at (813) 833-4737 or visit cbntampa.com.
• Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce's General Membership Meeting: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Harbor Terrace Restaurant at Heritage Harbor, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Networking begins at 7:30 a.m., meeting starts at 8 a.m. Cost: $20. Guest speaker: Dr. Nathan Schwangler, USF School of Business.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8 a.m. Tuesday at Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. Guest speaker: Danny Burgess, Mayor of Zephyrhills and candidate for District 38 state representative. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. Tuesday at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The networking group, hosted by Cadence Bank, promotes individual business members. It meets the second Tuesday of each month. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. Made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets Wednesdays. Email [email protected]
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Knowledgeable Network of Women, a program of the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce, will have its April lunch meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Scotland Yards Golf Club, 8900 Wire Road, Dade City. Guest speaker will be Joy Hampton, district legislative assistant to State House Speaker Will Weatherford. KNOW is a personal and professional development program for women in the greater Zephyrhills area. The cost is $15 for chamber members and $20 for nonmembers, and includes lunch and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 782-1913 or email [email protected]
• West Pasco Business Network: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. For more information, visit westpascobusiness.org or call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Applebee's Networking Group: Business card and brochure exchange from 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at Applebee's, 8537 Little Road, New Port Richey. The event is sponsored by Synergy Ad Specialties. Cost is $12. For reservations, call the West Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (727) 842-7651 by Wednesday.