Pasco's business digest for May 9
Courtesy of Greg Giordano
Tax Collector’s Office honors retiree: Cathy Burke, center, longtime customer service representative, recently retired from the Dade City Pasco County Tax Collector’s Office. Burke has been with the office for 11 years. During a farewell ceremony April 28, she was presented a plaque of appreciation from Mike Fasano, Pasco County tax collector, and Michelle VanCuren, Dade City office manager.
Medical supplier earns accreditation: ABC Medical Equipment & Scrubs in Hudson has earned the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval for accreditation by demonstrating compliance with the commission's national standards for health care quality and safety in home medical equipment.
ABC Medical is a home medical equipment and retail scrub store that has been in business for nine years. Registered nurse Carol A. Acevedo owns and operates the business. For more information, call (727) 863-0002.
Chamber ribbon-cuttings: The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting ceremony at Continucare, 21507 Village Lakes Shopping Center, Land O'Lakes, at 5:30 p.m. Monday. The event will include a grand opening from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings this week.
• Aaron's Sales & Lease, 6507 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey, at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday. Call Jessica Stevenson, (727) 848-1406.
• Southern Pines Healthcare, 6140 Congress St., New Port Richey, at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. The event will include an open house from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Call Brandy Weber, (727) 842-8402.
Educating entrepreneurs: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free business seminars. Upcoming seminars include:
• "Bankers Delight Business Plan," 5:30 to 7 p.m. May 20, Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
• "How to Apply for a 501c3," 5:35 to 7:30 p.m. May 20, Centennial Park Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• "How to Apply for a 501c3," 5:35 to 7:30 p.m. May 20, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
© 2016 Tampa Bay Times
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce's General Membership Meeting: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Harbor Terrace Restaurant at Heritage Harbor, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Networking begins at 7:30 a.m., meeting starts at 8. Cost: $20.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Catholic Business Network: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at Our Lady of the Rosary, 2348 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes. All Christians are welcome to network. Call Mary Ann Whallen at (813) 833-4737 or visit cbntampa.com.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8 a.m. Tuesday at Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. Guest speaker: Mark Van Trees of Support Our Troops. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. Tuesday at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The networking group, hosted by Cadence Bank, promotes individual business members. It meets the second Tuesday of each month. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is composed of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusiness
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets on Wednesdays. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. For more information, visit westpascobusiness.org or call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce's Monthly Mixer: 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Sylvan Learning Center, 38420 Fifth Ave, Zephyrhills. Call (813) 782-8219.
• West Pasco Chamber of Commerce's After Five Mixer and Ribbon-Cutting: 5:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Gill Dawg Marina, event host, at 5419 Trendway Drive, Port Richey. Appetizers, music, cash bar and drawings. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.