PHSC PARTNERS TO IMPLEMENT NATIONAL EMERGENCY GRANT: Pasco-Hernando State College, as part of the Florida Trade Grant, will work with Career Source Pasco Hernando to implement a $54,000 National Emergency Grant awarded to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity by the U.S. Department of Labor.
The grant focuses on training for advanced manufacturing and expands the use of training to meet the needs of dislocated workers. Priority is given to the long-term unemployed; unemployment insurance recipients nearing benefit exhaustion; and veterans and returning military service members.
Participants will enroll in a 12-week course that will lead to Manufacturing Skills Standards Council's certified production technician certificate. Classes will be offered through PHSC's corporate training department.
The grant provides the funds for the course tuition and the on-the-job training salary for approximately 12 individuals. The course is scheduled to begin Feb. 26. For information, contact Margie Burnham, PHSC Florida Trade Grant project manager, at (727) 816-3227.
WOMEN-N-CHARGE GRANT PROGRAM: Women-n-Charge, whose mission, in part, is to support and assist professional women in managing their business more effectively, is offering two $1,000 grants this spring.
The business advancement grant is for business related equipment or services and the career advancement grant is for continuing education. Learn more about the grant opportunities at women-n-charge.com/Grants.html .
Applications are available online and are due March 15. For information, contact president Judy Nicolosi at (813) 600-9848 or email email@example.com.
EAST PASCO VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers, especially those who reside on the east side of Pasco, to put their business skills to work helping local businesses. SCORE mentors donate their time and talent to small businesses.
For details, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
HPH HOSPICE APPOINTS NEW MEDICAL DIRECTOR: Dr. Clifford D. Colin has been named medical director for HPH Hospice after serving as assistant medical director for the past few months.
Colin brings eight years of hospice experience and was an HPH physician from 2002 to 2004. He is a diplomat of the American Board of Cardiology as well as for the American Board of Hospice and Palliative Medicine and the American Board of Internal Medicine. He is also a retired U.S. Army captain.
INSURANCE AGENT HONORED: Beltran Carlos "Tranny" Gamboa, an insurance agent with the Port Richey office of AmeriLife & Health Services, was named to the prestigious President's Club of AmeriLife, the largest insurance marketing group in America.
Gamboa, the general manager of AmeriLife & Health Services of the Suncoast, wrote $427,992 in new business annualized insurance premiums in 2013. Life and health insurance agents who write at least $150,000 in premiums annually qualify for club inclusion.
SMALL-BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room, 38550 Fifth Ave.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
JOB FAIR: Saddlebrook Resort will have a job fair from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. today and from 2 to 7 p.m. Monday. Saddlebrook Resort is at 5700 Saddlebrook Way, one mile east of Interstate 75 at exit 279, Wesley Chapel.
Full-time, part-time and on-call hourly positions in food and beverage, and operations are available at the family-owned resort.
Applicants will speak with a manager during the job fair and candidates hired will start work promptly. For information, call (813) 907-4615.
AMBASSADOR LUNCHEON: West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its Ambassador Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Havana Dreamers, 3104 Town Ave., Suite 107, Trinity. Cost is $11 per person and includes beverage, tax and gratuity. For information, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651. To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAINT LEO UNIVERSITY TO HOST INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS CONFERENCE: Saint Leo University will host the fifth International Business Conference Wednesday through Friday at the school, 33701 State Road 52 in St Leo.
The event is organized by the Donald R. Tapia School of Business at Saint Leo University, and the theme is "Innovation and Internationalization."
A Regional & International Economic Development Networking Dessert Reception will be held from 6:15 to 7:20 p.m. Wednesday in the atrium of the school of business building. Guests should contact Amanda Laffin at (352) 588-8837 for reservations.
Immediately following, journalist and commentator Tucker Carlson will deliver the keynote address at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in the Student Community Center Greenfelder-Denlinger Boardrooms.
Admission to the talk is free and open to the public, but tickets are required to reserve seating. Call Laffin at (352) 588-8837.
Registration is required to attend the programs on Thursday and Friday. The entire schedule is available at the registration page on the university website. Students receive a deeply discounted rate. To register, visit saintleo.edu/ibc2014.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 will present a series of free business seminars.
• "How to Apply for Non-Profit Grants," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road.
• "Creating a Business Plan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 27, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, in Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Catholic Business Network: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at Our Lady of the Rosary, 2348 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes. All Christians welcome to network. Call Mary Ann Whallen at (813) 833-4737 or visit cbntampa.com .
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Golden Corral Restaurant, 8928 U.S. 19, Port Richey. The speaker, Zuesette Woods, marketing representative for Paul Davis Restoration & Remodeling of Tampa, will discuss water, mold, fire, storm and smoke damage. Cost is $9 for members and guests and includes buffet, beverage, tax and tip. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen who meet the third Tuesday of each month. Membership is $5 per year. Call Myrtle, (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Alliance: 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Atria Baypoint Village, 7927 State Road 52, Hudson. Meets the third Tuesday of every month. The cost is $7 and includes lunch. Abby Hamilton, (813) 817-1905.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. Made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com .
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets Wednesdays. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). The event sponsor is C&C Insurance Solutions. Cost is $5 and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. For more information, visit westpascobusiness.org or call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Trinity Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Havana Dreamers, 3104 Town Ave., Suite 107, Trinity. The event is sponsored by Read Wealth Management. The cost is $10. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Wednesday.