NATIONAL HOSPICE MONTH: In celebration of National Hospice Month in November, Gulfside Regional Hospice is offering complimentary copies of "Five Wishes," an easy-to-use tool with advance directives and planning information for individuals to use prior to becoming seriously ill. The copies are available at all Gulfside Thrift Shoppes, which are open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, in Hudson, New Port Richey, Zephyrhills, Dade City and Lutz. For information, call (727) 845-5707.
HOSPITAL RECEIVES ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS: Florida Hospital Zephyrhills has received the Get With the Guidelines Heart Failure Gold Plus and the Get With the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus quality achievement awards from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
For information, visit florida hospital.com/zephyrhills.
SUNCOAST SCHOOLS FEDERAL CREDIT UNION EXPANDS TO ZEPHYRHILLS: Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union recently announced the grand opening of its environmentally friendly branch at 32745 Eiland Blvd., Zephyrhills.
The location, the credit union's second environmentally friendly branch, features LED lighting throughout, high-efficiency windows and insulation, geothermal air conditioning and heating, and 40-kilowatt solar power panels to offset electricity.
The branch is expected to use half the electricity of other branches. For information, visit suncoastfcu.org.
CHAMBER HOLDS LIGHTING CONTEST: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce invites residents, businesses, park clubhouses and assisted living facilities to participate in its 2013 Holiday Lighting Contest.
Entry forms must be completed and returned to the chamber by Dec. 9. Judging will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. Dec. 11-15. Winners will be announced and recognized on Dec. 17 at the chamber office. For contest rules and to receive an entry form, call (813) 782-1913.
LENNAR TO OPEN NEW COMMUNITY IN HUDSON: Lennar will be opening a new community named Briar Oaks in Hudson with 126 homesites.
The new community off U.S. 19, will offer three-, four- and five-bedroom homes priced from the mid $100,000 to $500,000. For information, visit lennar.com/tampa.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers to put their business skills to work helping local businesses. SCORE mentors donate their time and talent to small businesses. For details, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
DOCTOR RECEIVES ADDITIONAL TRAINING: Dr. David Kimmel, from the Florida Center for Laser Dentistry, recently returned from Cannes, France, where he received training on Volbella and Voluma, new and soon to be released dermal fillers.
Kimmel observed Dr. Herve Raspaldo, a renowned plastic surgeon known for his results for contouring with dermal fillers and Botox.
Kimmel has been practicing in Bayonet Point for 23 years and has been using laser dentistry for 10 years. His office is at 12124 Cobble Stone Drive, Bayonet Point. For information, call (727) 862-8513.
SMALL-BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave.
The chamber offers the free and confidential consultations in partnership with the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida.
To get information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
HOSPICE THRIFT SHOPPES HOLDING BLACK FRIDAY SALES: All five Gulfside Regional Hospice Thrift Shoppes in Pasco County will be participating in the excitement of Black Friday by offering discounts of 25 percent storewide from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday.
Store locations include: Dade City Thrift Shoppe, 37925 Sky Ridge Circle, Dade City; Hudson Thrift Shoppe, 12154 U.S. 19, Bayonet Point; Lutz Thrift Shoppe, 1930 Land O'Lakes Blvd., Lutz; New Port Richey Thrift Shoppe, 6117 State Road 54, New Port Richey; and Zephyrhills Thrift Shoppe, 36524 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
For information, visit grhospice.org or call toll-free, 1-800-561-4883.
CHRISTMAS MIXER: The East Pasco Networking Group will host a Christmas Mixer at 6 p.m. Dec. 3 at Village Inn in Zephyrhills, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills.
Members are encouraged to bring family members. The event will be "dutch treat." RSVP with a $10 deposit per person or family. Door prizes and a 50/50 raffle will be offered. To RSVP, call Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
Save the date
PIGZ IN Z'HILLS BBQ & BLUES: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce's fourth annual Pigz in Z'Hills BBQ & Blues will be Jan. 18 at the Zephyrhills Municipal Airport, 39450 South Ave. Visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
Sponsorships are available. For information, call (813) 782-1913.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, in Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Catholic Business Network: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at Our Lady of the Rosary, 2348 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes. All Christians welcome to network. Call Mary Ann Whallen at (813) 833-4737 or visit cbntampa.com.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. Made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets Wednesdays. Email [email protected]
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. Group membership is $50 for six months. For more information, visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.