The Community Service Council of West Pasco is once again assisting Operation Shoebox, a committee headed up by council member Linda Clements.
From now until Sept. 8, the council will accept donations of personal items, snacks and games to send in care packages to U.S. troops stationed overseas. The group will also accept checks for $10.70 to cover postage for each box sent.
Items can be dropped off at these locations:
• Raymond James & Associates offices in Hudson, Port Richey, New Port Richey, Holiday and Tampa.
• The Dade City utility office.
• The Bayshore Health & Homemaker in Holiday.
• Beltone Hearing Center in Trinity.
• Hudson locations include: Atria Baypoint Village, Jennifer Gardens assisted living facility, Pasco Kids First, Republic Bank and Windsor Woods.
• New Port Richey locations include: Ken Sisco Painting, La Casa Grande, Minuteman Press of New Port Richey, Pasco County Utilities, Republic Bank and Oak View Terrace.
• Port Richey locations include: Prudential Realty and Operation Shoebox.
For information on the Community Service Council, call president Sero Singh at (727) 863-7866.
• • •
The First National Bank of Pasco has renamed its board room in honor of Robert D. Sumner, the longtime Pasco resident, former county attorney and bank president who passed away last month.
"We deeply mourn the passing of Bobby Sumner, who has been such a large part of our bank," board chairman Andy Gibbs said in a prepared statement. Mr. Sumner joined the bank's board in 1996 and became president and CEO of the bank in 2009.
"Bobby is the reason our community is so well preserved," Gibbs said. "He sought intelligent solutions to some of the toughest issues facing the county and the Dade City/Zephyrhills marketplace. Through his connections to the key players in the community, we were able to bring hometown banking to our friends and neighbors, ensuring that the magic of small town banking is a strong tradition led by First National Bank of Pasco."
• • •
ABC Medical Oxygen & Scrubs, 15119 U.S. 19, Hudson, has been accredited by the Joint Commission for three additional years. ABC has earned the commission's Gold Seal of approval for accreditation by demonstrating compliance with the national standards for home medical equipment quality care and safety.
A team of Joint Commission expert surveyors evaluated the company for compliance with standards of care specific to the needs of patients, including infection prevention and control, leadership and management.
For information, call (727) 863-0002.
• • •
Leadership Pasco, a development program that explores critical issues through a series of seminars and hands-on activities, is accepting applications for its class of 2012.
The program is open to people interested in community involvement and perpetuating the prosperity of Pasco County.
Topics include leadership skills, the history of Pasco County, education, health care-social services, law enforcement-criminal justice, economic and business development, government and infrastructure.
Submit applications at leadershippasco.com. For an application, call Leadership Pasco toll-free at 1-866-783-1122 or (727) 844-5247.
Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce will have its membership orientation at 9 a.m. Tuesday in the second floor conference room at Heritage Ford, 28739 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel. Join Captain Rob for an informal presentation about the chamber. All members invited. (813) 994-5399.
Faylise James has joined the medical team at Gulf Coast Medical Center as a nurse practitioner. James is a 2010 graduate of the adult nurse practitioner program at the University of South Florida.
The center has two locations in Port Richey: at 11528 U.S. 19 and at 9238 U.S. 19. For information, call (727) 868-2151.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also e-mail items to [email protected] or fax them to (727) 869-6233. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Panera Bread, 3234 Little Road in the Mitchell Ranch Plaza, Trinity. Meets every Monday. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• Hudson Networking Group: Business card and brochure exchange from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the IHOP restaurant at 12426 U.S. 19, Hudson. The event is sponsored by A+ Tax & Accounting Service. Cost is $10. To RSVP, call the West Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (727) 842-7651 by Monday.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is a pool of professionals who work together to promote each others' businesses. The group meets every Tuesday. For information, visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost, including breakfast, is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Trinity Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Fox Hollow Golf & Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Sponsored by ABCO Graphics & Printing. Cost is $11. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Tuesday.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Individuals pay for their own lunch. Call group director Martine Duncan, co-owner of the Theater Doctor, at (813) 929-6816.
• Neighborhood Networks: 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Whiskey River Saltywater Grill, 5245 Limestone Drive, Port Richey. The group meets every Wednesday. Call Josh Green at (727) 457-2393.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 (includes breakfast). The group meets every Thursday. For information or to RSVP, call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connections: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Capt. Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Wesley Chapel NPI Networking Group: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at Saddlebrook Resort, 5700 Saddlebrook Way, Wesley Chapel. The group meets for breakfast every Thursday. For information, call Jeff Miller, president, at (813) 994-6795 or visit www.WesleyChapelNPI.com.
• Whiskey River Networking Group: Business card and brochure exchange from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Whiskey River Saltywater Grill, 5245 Limestone Drive, Port Richey. Sponsored by Apollo Window Tinting & Graphics. Cost is $10. To RSVP, call the West Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (727) 842-7651 by Wednesday.