Pasco-Hernando Community College is seeking business partners from Pasco and Hernando counties to host student interns starting in January. Interns dedicate 90 hours over 15 weeks, working as an integral part of a business related to their course of study.
Each semester PHCC places approximately 40 interns in area businesses through its Career and Testing Services Center. For information on becoming an internship host, contact Jacqueline Eden, assistant director of Career and Testing Services, at (727) 816-3334.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce is hosting its 2011 Holiday Lighting Contest. Residents, businesses, park clubhouses and assisted living facilities are invited to participate.
Entries are limited to the area bounded by Morris Bridge Road on the west, Kossick and Otis Allen on the north, Forest Lakes Estates on the east, and Chancey Road on the south.
Entry forms are available at the chamber. The deadline to return the form is noon Dec. 12. Judging will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. Dec. 14-17. Winners will be announced and recognized at 9 a.m. Dec. 20 at the chamber office, 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
For information, call (813) 782-1913.
• • •
Home Instead Senior Care, 7716 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey, has teamed up with nonprofit organizations and area retailers to sponsor its fourth annual "Be a Santa to a Senior" program to bring holiday cheer to isolated seniors in west Pasco.
Local nonprofits have identified needy, isolated seniors and provided those names to Home Instead Senior Care.
Home Instead Senior Care placed Christmas wreaths and trees in local businesses on Nov. 1. They feature ornaments with the first names of the seniors and their respective gift requests.
Customers can pick an ornament, buy items on the list, and then return the unwrapped items to the store with the senior ornament attached. Home Instead volunteers will collect and wrap the gifts on Dec. 15, and then distribute the gifts to the seniors from Dec. 17 through 21.
The program is open to area businesses. For a complete list of participating businesses, or for information on sponsoring a tree or wreath at your business, call the Home Instead office at (727) 845-5819.
• • •
FreightCenter.com, a national freight shipping services provider, is offering a discount to customers who wish to support the company's Toys for Tots and Feeding America campaign drives.
Customers who stop by the corporate office at 2049 Welbilt Blvd., Trinity to donate an unwrapped toy for Toys for Tots of West Pasco or edible dry goods for Feeding America will receive a $50 coupon, good for any freight shipment less than a truckload booked online.
FreightCenter.com will also make a donation to purchase T-shirts for Toys for Tots of West Pasco volunteers to wear on distribution day.
For information, call (727) 450-7835.
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its Ambassador's Luncheon at noon Tuesday at the chamber office, 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
The event is sponsored by CF Industries. For information, call Wanda at (813) 782-1913.
• • •
Women's Connection of New Port Richey will have its monthly meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 12 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
Patti and Jeff Warner will present a mini-Christmas music concert. Guest speaker Patti Warner will speak on the topic, "A Beautiful Life With Purpose."
The cost is $15 and includes the program, speaker and luncheon. RSVP to Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Ruth at (727) 375-9873 by Dec. 10.
• • •
Cadence Bank, formerly Superior Bank N.A., will sponsor a Holiday Coffee Mixer at 8:15 a.m. Dec. 13 at its Trinity branch, 4010 Little Road, New Port Richey.
The event will be hosted by members of the Business Development Council. Members of the public and representatives from local businesses are invited. The BDC is a networking group that helps promote individual business members.
For information on the group, visit bdcpasco.com. For information on the event, contact Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• • •
The Business & Professional Women of Calusa will have its annual Holiday Bazaar beginning at 11:30 a.m. Dec. 16 at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., New Port Richey.
The event is open to the public. Vendor tables are free to BPW members, and $15 for nonmembers. Lunch will be available for $12.95 per person.
For information or to RSVP, call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595 by Friday.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Panera Bread, 3234 Little Road in the Mitchell Ranch Plaza, Trinity. Meets every Monday. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who work together to promote each others' businesses. The group meets every Tuesday. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Meetings are on the first and third Tuesday of each month. Email Info@TrinityBusiness Association.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost, including breakfast, is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Central Pasco Chamber Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:45 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Famous Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. A full breakfast will be served at no cost. The group meets on the first and third Wednesdays of each month. To RSVP, call the chamber at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call group director Martine Duncan, co-owner of the Theater Doctor, at (813) 929-6816.
• Neighborhood Networks: 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Trio's Restaurant at Quality Inn & Suites, 5316 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The group meets every Wednesday. Call Maryann Wilkes at (813) 264-6108 or visit ourneighborhoodnetworks.com.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 (includes breakfast). The group meets every Thursday. For information or a reservation, call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Capt. Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• West Pasco Young Professionals: 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Fox Hollow Golf & Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Meetings are $11 per person. Make checks out to the West Pasco Chamber of Commerce. Reserve by Wednesday. The group meets the second Thursday of each month. Call Julie Rogers at (727) 243-3578.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also e-mail items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.