More Sweetbay stores to become Winn-Dixies
The conversion of Sweetbay supermarkets into Winn-Dixie stores continues in the Tampa Bay area.
Winn-Dixie's parent company, Bi-Lo Holdings of Jacksonville, announced Friday another round of Sweetbay closures, this one affecting 11 stores in the Clearwater and New Port Richey areas. The stores will close April 12 and reopen as Winn-Dixies April 18.
The conversions are part of Bi-Lo's purchase of 165 Sweetbay, Harveys and Reid's supermarkets from their Delhaize America parent.
The affected stores are:
• 3406 U.S. 19 N, Holiday
• 6400 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey
• 9101 Little Road, New Port Richey
• 4221 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill
• 1651 SE U.S. 19, Crystal River
• 1202 W Main St., Inverness
• 4317 W Gandy Blvd., Tampa
• 1171 S Pinellas Ave., Tarpon Springs
• 1360 Tampa Road, Palm Harbor
• 2460 East Bay Drive, Largo
• 2519 McMullen-Booth Road, Clearwater
The first Sweetbay stores start closing today, with other rounds starting April 5 and April 12. Before the closings, stores have clearance sales of Sweetbay-branded products.