Take 10 steps toward small-business success
All would-be entrepreneurs are invited to attend a free session called "10 Steps to Start a Successful Small Business" from 6 to 8 p.m. July 8 in the Jenkins Wing at the Largo Public Library, 120 Central Park Drive.
The program will identify what it takes to be an entrepreneur, developing a business plan, how to manage a business and more. Handouts will be provided to all participants.
Advance registration is required. Contact Charlie Cronk at the chamber at (727) 584-2321 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chamber of commerce seeking new members
People who have participated on a committee for the Largo/Mid-Pinellas Chamber of Commerce say it's a great way to network while giving back to the community.
• Ambassadors Committee: Volunteers make regular contact with members to involve them in chamber activities; provide chamber leadership and staff with membership feedback; and participate in networking breakfasts, business luncheons and other public events. Meets biweekly and as needed.
• Business/Education Partnership: Coordinates programs with schools in the chamber's service area that promotes business and conducts fundraising activities. Meets monthly.
• Economic and Small-Business Development: Works with city and county representatives on business growth and retention strategies. Members also coordinate the chamber's business visitation program. Meets monthly.
• Chamber Cup Golf Tournament: Coordinates the annual Chamber Cup fundraising event. Meets as needed from spring through the tournament date in September.
• Government Relations: Identifies issues of concern to businesses. Develops and promotes a legislative agenda. Advocates positions on local, state and national issues. Meets monthly and as needed.
• H.Y.P.E. Pinellas (Helping Young Professionals Emerge): Provides networking, professional development, community outreach and involvement opportunities to young area professionals.
• Scholarship Task Force: Recognizes students of the month. Selects annual chamber scholarship recipients. Meets as needed.
• Women In Business Network: Plans quarterly education and social events focused on women's business issues. Meets as needed.
If you are already a chamber member — or would like to join — and want to serve one or more of these committees, call (727) 584-2321 or visit the chamber Web site at www.largochamber.org.
Tri-partnership will give free business advice
The business assistance program, a partnership between the city, chamber of commerce and Pinellas County Economic Development, provides free help to dozens of businesses each day. Services include guidance in developing business plans, obtaining permits and licenses, financing options, training programs and employment searches. Largo's Business Assistance Specialist Charlie Cronk is trained to provide assistance to those looking to start a business as well as to existing businesses considering expansions or relocations. To schedule an appointment, call (727) 584-2321 or e-mail email@example.com.