Make us your home page
Instagram

Tampa's Hard Rock casino to hold job fair to hire 400 employees

TAMPA — The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino has scheduled a job fair to hire more than 400 people as part of its previously announced $75 million expansion, scheduled to open early in the summer.

The Hard Rock is looking for chefs, cooks, servers, bartenders, cashiers, Player's Club reps and technicians. Other openings are in security, maintenance and housekeeping. Full-time Hard Rock employees receive health care, staff meals and tuition reimbursement, among other benefits.

When the Hard Rock announced the expansion and job creation last year, it said the casino floor will stretch to 220,000 square feet. Only two Indian casinos — Foxwoods and the Mohegan Sun, both in Connecticut — are larger. The extra space, the Hard Rock said, will provide room for 750 more slot machines for a total of about 5,000, a dozen more gaming tables, and 1,359 more parking spaces, a 27 percent increase over the 5,000 it already had.

The Hard Rock is one of the largest employers in Tampa Bay and pays more than $74 million annually in salaries and wages to local team members. The property currently employs more than 3,100 people, and once the expansion is complete, that number will rise to more than 3,500. In addition, the property has employed 500 people for construction.

Times staff

Want to apply?

What: The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino job fair

Where: Florida State Fairgrounds near the Hard Rock

When: April 16 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Online: Job applicants must apply online in advance at www.

jobsforflorida.com.

Tampa's Hard Rock casino to hold job fair to hire 400 employees 03/01/12 [Last modified: Thursday, March 1, 2012 8:44pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2017 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...
  1. First WannaCry, now cyberattack Petya spreads from Russia to Britain

    Business

    Computer systems from Russia to Britain were victims of an international cyberattack Tuesday in a hack that bore similarities to a recent one that crippled tens of thousands of machines worldwide.

    A computer screen cyberattack warning notice reportedly holding computer files to ransom, as part of a massive international cyberattack, at an office in Kiev, Ukraine, on Tuesday.  A new and highly virulent outbreak of malicious data-scrambling software appears to be causing mass disruption across Europe.
[Oleg Reshetnyak via AP]
  2. Higher Social Security payouts help Florida post a big jump in personal income

    Personal Finance

    Personal income grew 1.3 percent in Florida in the first quarter of this year, a four-way tie among all states for second-fastest growth behind Idaho.

  3. U.S. Rep. Charlie Crist and estranged wife Carole put Beach Drive condo on the market

    Real Estate

    ST. PETERSBURG — U.S. Rep. Charlie Crist and his estranged wife, Carole, have put their Beach Drive condo on the market for $1.5 million.

    U.S. Rep. Charlie Crist and his estranged wife, Carole, have put their Beach Drive condo in Parkshore Plaza on the market for $1.5 million. {Courtesy of Amy Lamb/Native House Photography]
  4. Trigaux: Task now is for Water Street Tampa to build an identity

    Business

    Adios, VinikVille! Hello Water Street Tampa.

    An aerial rendering of the $3 billion redevelopment project that Jeff Vinik and Strategic Property Partners plan on 50-plus acres around Amalie Arena.
[Rendering courtesy of Strategic Property Partners]
  5. Unlicensed contractor accused of faking death triggers policy change at Pinellas licensing board

    Local Government

    The unlicensed contractor accused of faking his death to avoid angry homeowners has triggered an immediate change in policy at the Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board.

    Last year Glenn and Judith Holland said they paid a contractor thousands of dollars to renovate their future retirement home in Seminole. But when they tried to move in on Dec. 14, they said the home was in shambles and uninhabitable. They sent a text message to contractor Marc Anthony Perez at 12:36 p.m. looking for answers. Fourteen minutes later, they got back this text: "This is Marc's daughter, dad passed away on the 7th of December in a car accident. Sorry." Turns out Perez was still alive. Now the Hollands are suing him in Pinellas-Pasco circuit court. [LARA CERRI   |   Times]