CREDIT UNION PROVIDES SCHOOL GRANTS: Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union Foundation recently donated $50,000 in grants to benefit Pasco County Schools' "Assist, Believe, Care" program. The program, according to Mary Tlachac, SSFCUF executive director, "complements our mission of promoting the education, health and emotional well being of children in our communities." The funds will help the schools provide food, clothing, shoes and school supplies for 10,000 students in need from 76 schools.
Every elementary, middle and high school in Pasco County received $500, and schools with more than 75 percent of students who qualify for free and reduced lunches, received additional funds.
"Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union Foundation stands out among our charitable partners for this caring gift that will go a long way in helping our schools provide some of the necessities many of our families can't afford for their children," said Pasco County Schools Superintendent Kurt S. Browning.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers. Put your business skills to work helping local businesses by volunteering. SCORE mentors donate their time and talent to small businesses. For information, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
HOSPITAL ASSOCIATE AWARDS: Pasco Regional Medical Center recently presented its Associates of the Quarter awards for the second quarter of 2013 to recognize outstanding associates in customer service, leadership and clinical service. Amie Sweet, patient access director, was named Manager of the Quarter; Frances O'Leary, registered nurse, emergency department, was named Nurse of the Quarter; Mark Redden, blood bank supervisor and interim lab manager, was named Associate of the Quarter, and Cindy Colburn was named Volunteer of the Quarter.
DOCTOR RECEIVES LEADERSHIP AWARD:Pasco-Hernando Community College announced recently that the Association of Community College Trustees has honored Dr. Rao Musunuru with the 2013 Southern Region ACCT Trustee Leadership award. The ACCT is a nonprofit educational organization of governing boards, representing more than 6,500 elected and appointed trustees who govern more than 1,200 community, technical and junior colleges in the United States and beyond. Musunuru is a practicing cardiologist, affiliated with Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point in Pasco since 1981.
PHCC DEAN SELECTED TO FCSAA HALL OF FAME: Bob Bade, dean of student development and enrollment management at Pasco-Hernando Community College, was selected for induction in the 2013 Florida College System Activities Association Hall of Fame. The induction ceremony will be Nov. 15 at the Caribe Royale resort in Orlando. As an honoree, a plaque recognizing Bade will be displayed in the FCSAA state office building in Tallahassee.
Since 1990 Bade has served in a number of positions at PHCC, including admissions specialist and academic planner; coordinator of student activities, and associate dean of student activities and engagement since January 2007.
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have seven ribbon-cuttings upcoming:
• Kemp and Ruge Law Group, at 2049 Welbilt Blvd., Trinity, 11:30 a.m. Tuesday. Call Stacy A. Kemp, (727) 847-4878.
• Champions Title Services, at 2049 Welbilt Blvd., Trinity, 11:30 a.m. Tuesday. Call Jason St. Croix, (727) 254-2384.
• Above All Loop Technologies, at the Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. Call Bill Hill, (727) 687-1448.
• Anything's Possible Productions, at the Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. Call Bob Furlong, (813) 323-0459.
• Coastal Healthy Living Magazine, at the Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. Call Wendell Husebo, (352) 430-4004.
• Gladiator Construction Group, at the Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. Call Paula Gasparino, (727) 856-9302.
• The Hearing Aid Center, 10043 U.S. 19, Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Thursday. Call Paul Retey, (727) 378-8552.
The Dade City Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting at Apollo Group, 15000 Citrus Country Drive, Suite 321, Dade City, at 6 p.m. Friday. A Grand Opening celebration will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Light refreshments will be served. To RSVP, call (352) 567-3769.
BANKERS AND LOAN OFFICERS INVITED: The North Suncoast Chapter of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants invites bankers and loan officers to attend its meeting at 4:30 Wednesday at Chili's Restaurant, 9600 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Speaker: G. Michael Stone, CPA of Stone, Parker and Co., will present "Reading and Understanding Financial Statements." The cost is $30 and includes dinner. To RSVP, call Vicky, (727) 842-3180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREE SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars:
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• Marketing to Grow Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 28, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
To register and for additional information, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
BOOTS AND BLING: Pasco Aging Network will host its second annual Boots and Bling fundraiser from 7 to 11 p.m. Friday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. The event includes a Texas Hold 'Em Tournament, games, dancing, food, auction and more. Proceeds benefit senior services in Pasco County. Advance tickets are $25 per person or $40 per couple; $35 per person at the door. Tickets include 100 gaming bucks and hors d'oeuvres. For tickets, information, contact Terry Weaver, (352) 796-9891; email@example.com.
OPHTHALMOLOGIST HOSTS PARTY: In anticipation of the world premiere of Martin Sheen's In Focus segment on Dr. Edward Kondrot and the Florida Wellness Center, Kondrot will host a premiere party and meet-and-greet to celebrate the upcoming segment. The event, which is open to the public, will be at 7 p.m. Friday at the center, 31242 Amberlea Road, Dade City. Beverages will be served.
In Focus is an award-winning educational program. Each story is compelling and packed with critical information. In Focus is produced for both the industry professional and consumer alike, providing expansive knowledge on the latest advancements impacting people's lives. To RSVP, call toll-free 1-800-430-9328.
WOMEN'S FINANCIAL SEMINAR: Gulfside Regional Hospice has teamed up with Cooper Financial Services to provide a women's financial seminar at 11 a.m. Aug. 26 at Gulfside's Lutz Thrift Shoppe, 1930 Land O'Lakes Blvd., Lutz. RSVP to Jen Chianella at (727) 992-8984 by Monday.
SMALL-BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
The chamber offers the free and confidential consultations in partnership with the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida.
To get information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
Save the date
PIGZ IN Z'HILLS BBQ & BLUES: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce announces its fourth annual Pigz in Z'Hills BBQ & Blues will be Jan. 18 at the Zephyrhills Municipal Airport, 39450 South Ave., Zephyrhills. Visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, in Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Royal Super Buffet, 9550 U.S. 19, Suite 1 (in the Chili's shopping center), Port Richey. Speaker: Linda LeClair-LeBlanc, director with Legal Shield, will discuss identity theft in the workplace. Cost is $9 per person and includes buffet lunch, beverage, tax and tip. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen who meet regularly on the third Tuesday of each month. Membership is $5 per year. Call Myrtle, (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Alliance: 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Atria Baypoint Village, 7927 State Road 52, Hudson. Meets the third Tuesday of every month. The cost is $7 and includes lunch. Abby Hamilton, (813) 817-1905.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk restaurant, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets Wednesdays. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). The event sponsor is DigitalBrainz. The cost is $5 and includes breakfast. For information, call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. The network is made up of West Pasco business leaders committed to helping each other grow and develop their businesses. For more information, visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Committee: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at American Consulting Engineers, 2818 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Suite 200, Wesley Chapel. For information, call chamber chairman Jeff Miller at (813) 994-6795.