Make us your home page
Instagram

Today’s top headlines delivered to you daily.

(View our Privacy Policy)

Clearwater child porn trafficker gets 15 years

CLEARWATER — The Clearwater man's laptop computer stored horrific images including an infant being raped and toddlers forced to perform sex acts on adult men, authorities said.

And the man was sharing the pictures and videos with people he encountered over the Internet.

Natanael Osvaldo Terrero, 34, of 1428 Palmetto St., pleaded guilty to distribution of child pornography in June. Last week, he was sentenced to 15 years in federal prison.

Terrero was also ordered to register as a sexual offender and will remain on probation for the rest of his life, according to an announcement from U.S. Attorney Robert E. O'Neill.

According to federal court documents, an FBI agent in Minneapolis first discovered the images in June and traced them to a computer in California. Two subsequent searches by FBI agents that also turned up child porn images were traced to Terrero's home.

In October, authorities searched his home and seized a laptop containing nearly 400 videos and more than 4,500 photos of children being abused, court records said.

Terrero, who is a citizen of the Dominican Republic and a resident alien of the United States, admitted to viewing and transmitting the images from his Clearwater home and the address in California, according to the court documents.

Terrero told investigators in October that he had a 3-year-old daughter who lives in Canada, but he denied molesting her or photographing her. But he said he had previously touched a female child in an inappropriate manner and asked her to engage in sexual activity, the documents said.

Terrero did not previously have a criminal record in Florida, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Clearwater child porn trafficker gets 15 years 09/14/11 [Last modified: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:09pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2017 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...
  1. Clearwater Police investigating Mexican girl's injury at Scientology headquarters

    Special Topics

    CLEARWATER — The Clearwater Police Department is investigating an incident where a 17-year-old girl from Mexico suffered a head injury Sunday at the Church of Scientology's international spiritual headquarters.

    A 17-year-old girl is at Johns Hopkins All Childrens Hospital after being injured at the Church of Scientology's international spiritual headquartersin Clearwater. JAMES BORCHUCK   |   Times

  2. City Council approves $5 million for Clearwater Marine Aquarium expansion

    Briefs

    CLEARWATER — The City Council on Thursday approved contributing $5 million to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium for its massive expansion project.

    Clearwater has agreed to contributed $5 million to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium 
's $66 million expansion project.. [ Clearwater Marine Aquarium] 


  3. Live blog: Some scuffles, shot fired, but otherwise calm after Richard Spencer speech at UF

    College

    GAINESVILLE — A small army of law enforcement officers, many of them from cities and counties around the state, have converged on the University of Florida in preparation for today's speaking appearance by white nationalist Richard Spencer.

    A Richard Spencer supporter is escorted by police along Hull Road outside of the Phillips Center after the white nationalist's speech on the University of Florida campus in Gainesville, Fla. on Thursday, Oct. 19, 2017.
  4. This unidentified man was punched outside of Richard Spencer's speech in Gainesville.
  5. Pentagon faces demands for details on deadly attack in Niger

    Military

    WASHINGTON — The Trump administration had no answers Thursday to key questions two weeks after an ambush in the African nation of Niger killed four U.S. soldiers, prompting demands in Congress for details, complaints of Pentagon stonewalling and a comparison to the 2012 Benghazi attack. The White House defended …

    In this image provided by the U.S. Army, a carry team of soldiers from the 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard), carry the transfer case during a casualty return for Staff Sgt. Dustin M. Wright, of Lyons, Ga., at Dover Air Force Base, Del., Oct. 5, 2017. U.S. and Niger forces were leaving a meeting with tribal leaders when they were ambushed on Oct. 4 and Wright and three other soldiers were killed. There were about a dozen U.S. troops and a company of Niger forces, for a total of about 40 service members in the joint mission. [Pfc. Lane Hiser | U.S. Army via AP]