TAMPA — The King of Hudson is headed for prison.
Arde Olsen, 51, along with 18 co-defendants, pleaded guilty in August to federal drug distribution charges. On Thursday, the so-called King was sentenced to 20 years in federal prison. His wife, 45-year-old Shannon Olsen, received four years, and his son, Jason Michael Olsen, 23, received 10 years.
U.S. District Judge Virginia M. Covington also entered a money judgment in excess of $1 million against Olsen and others, which represents the amount of the drug proceeds. She also ordered the forfeiture of two vehicles and three pieces of property.
Olsen was accused of leading a ring that shopped at area doctors for oxycodone prescriptions and resold the highly addictive painkiller on the streets throughout the Tampa Bay area, the U.S. Attorney's Office said.
He ran the drug ring out of an auto repair shop on Pine Forest Drive and his former residence on Denton Avenue, both in Hudson.
The family was arrested in February along with the other defendants ages 19 to 50. They were all thought to be living in Pasco County, where abuse of prescription drugs is epidemic, authorities say.
The arrests, dubbed Operation Oxy Express, followed a year and a half investigation by the Pasco and Pinellas sheriff's offices; the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; and the Drug Enforcement Administration.
The others sentenced Thursday were:
• William "Billy" Joseph Califano, 29, seven-plus years in federal prison.
• Earle Monroe Silcox, 30, eight-plus years.
• Jessie Krumm, 21, almost six years.
• Amber Marie Morreale, 19, two years.
• Jerald "Popeye" John Gilio Jr., 33, seven-plus years.
• Anthony "Ant" Robert Upton, 28, nine years.
• Donna "Fat Donna" Jean Bynum, 31, almost six years.
• Debra A. Collins, 48, 11 1/2 years.
• Dannie James Mariedth, 50, 11 1/2 years.
• Sarah Lynn Maynard, 25, who also goes by Sara Widemann, seven-plus years.
• Joshua "Josh" McTavish Brown, 24, 10 years.
• Anthony "Tony" Keith Christian, 27, 11-plus years.
• Billy Ray Hardin, 27, almost six years.
• Soni Jo Cheesbrough, 27, almost four years.
• Dennis "Ash" Ashley Miller, 35, almost six years.
• Jereme Lee Gould, 24, almost four years.
Molly Moorhead can be reached at email@example.com or (727) 869-6245.