Gov. Charlie Crist's legal team will interview six lawyers this week before filling a circuit judgeship in Pinellas County left vacant when Judge Nelly Khouzam was elevated to the appellate bench. The six were selected by the 6th Judicial Circuit's Judicial Nominating Commission. They are:
• Michael Berry, Clearwater, known for handling international child custody disputes. Florida Bar member for 17 years.
• Jack Helinger, St. Petersburg, often handles criminal cases. Wife Christine is a circuit judge. Florida Bar member for 32 years.
• Belinda Lazzara, St. Petersburg family practice lawyer. Her partner, Peter Meros, chairs the Judicial Nominating Commission. Florida Bar member for nine years.
• Paul Levine, a Pinellas County judge. Florida Bar member for 26 years.
• Joe Lovelace, Clearwater, a family law magistrate for the 6th Judicial Circuit. Florida Bar member for 28 years.
• Tom Minkoff, a St. Petersburg general practice lawyer and former counsel for the Pinellas County Republican Party. Florida Bar member for 28 years.