Can you tell me when the project on Druid Road near Morton Plant Hospital will be complete please?
As motorists familiar with the area are aware, Bay Avenue has been closed from Jeffords Street to Druid Road since July, but relief is forthcoming — work to improve water runoff capacity is scheduled to be completed Oct. 7. Another section of the utility work near the Morton Plant complex, which has required the closure of Lotus Path to through traffic from Druid Road S to Bay Avenue, is scheduled to be completed by Sept. 30.
When is the work on 38th Avenue N and 58th Street going to be done? It seems like it's been going on forever.
The intersection improvement project that began in late June and entails lane closures and traffic delays is set to be complete the last week of October.
Here's a roundup of current projects around the county with some updated time lines:
• The installation of intelligent traffic management technology along 66th Street N/Pasadena Avenue/75th Avenue (also known as State Road 693) from Gulf Boulevard to Park Boulevard is expected to be completed this December. Motorists should be alert to ongoing lane closures and shoulder work in the meantime.
• The closure of 83rd Street from 78th Avenue N to Flamevine Avenue for a sanitary sewer repair project that began last week is scheduled to last about a month, with the work there scheduled to be completed by Oct. 7. The road will remain closed to through traffic with detours using neighborhood streets in place throughout the life of the project.
• The Oakhurst Road project to improve drainage and sidewalk access that runs from 94th Avenue N to 102nd Avenue N and began in January of this year, is expected to be completed by January. Daily and nightly lane closures and traffic delays will be ongoing in the interim. The suggested alternative route is 113th Street N.
• Another project wrapping up at the end of October is the ramp and sidewalk upgrade work along 102nd Avenue N/Bryan Dairy Road from Seminole Boulevard to Starkey Road. The project Pinellas County Public Works project is scheduled to finish up by Oct. 28, with lane closures and possible delays continuing until then.
• The yearlong project to improve and install sidewalks, driveway, drainage, and enhanced traffic signalization along County Road 1 from State Road 580 to Curlew Road is expected to be done toward the end of December — lane closures and traffic slowdowns should be expected until then.
• In Clearwater, work on Hercules Avenue from Logan Street to the railroad tracks is set to begin Oct. 21 and will last into the new year, with lane closures and flagging personnel on-site during the intersection improvement activity through February.
Email Dr. Delay at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your traffic concerns, comments, and questions. Follow @AskDrDelay.