It's a long-standing feature on Top of the Class to feature the names of students who have been selected as Students of the Month at their schools. Once monthly, the Times randomly selects a couple of students to highlight. This month's featured students are from Bayonet Point Middle School in New Port Richey.
Ethan Ceccarini, 12, Grade 6
• Favorite subject: Science
• Favorite book: Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
• Extracurricular activities: Soccer
• Why do you think you were chosen as Student of the Month? "Because I brought my grades up."
• Nominating teachers: Independence Team. "Ethan is having a stellar year so far. He has made a commitment to improving his work habits and test scores. He has set personal goals for himself and is well on his way to achieving them. Great job, Ethan!"
Madyson Hadesty, 13, Grade 7
• Favorite subject: Science.
• Favorite book: The Puzzling World of Winston Breen, by Eric Berlin
• Extracurricular activities: "Reading and drawing. I'm waiting for track season."
• Why do you think you were chosen as Student of the Month? "I work hard and I'm motivated to do good in school. I feel that doing good in school makes you a good person and a role model for others."
• Nominating teachers: Discovery Team: "Madyson excels in class, has a great attitude and always works hard on all of her assignments."
Other Bayonet Point Students of the Month include: Caitlyn Ramos, Clint Jackson, Shay Landon, Hector Fuentes, Alexis Michaud, Vincent Washburn, Cadirose Webb, Dyllon Dicks, Samantha Gilliam, Joanne Sejour, Roger Kittredge, Caitlin Ranus, Jennifer Posey, Jason Cloud, Bryce Valerius, Connor DiMestico, Justice Smith, Corbin Mitchell, Jasmine Bennett, Michael Moran, Bailey Smith, Vaibhav Gandhi.