• These high achieving eighth-grade students from Weightman Middle School were accepted into the International Baccalaureate program at Land O'Lakes High for the 2009-10 school year: Rachel Andrews, Griffin Brunke, Nicholas Conner, Mario Giannazzo, Ashley Lampley, Andrea Mapugay, Vishal Patel, Ashleigh Williams, Stefan Bayne, Julius Byla, Corey Diamond, Rachel Harbour, Coralis Madera, Morgan Novotny, Ralph Herz, Hannah Bazick, Alexis Conner, Alissa Evans, Mackenzie Koth, Meghan Mapes, Nathan Park and Kayla Scott.
• Weightman Middle student Brian Rodriguez was selected by the Pasco Education Foundation to receive the Take Stock in Children scholarship. Rey Pate was awarded a CHAIR scholars scholarship. Elijah Boston was chosen as Weightman Middle's top Turnaround Student by making strides academically and personally.
• Pine View Middle students Rose Kabat and Anne Schwartz were winners in the West Pasco Bar Association Law Day Essay Contest. Each received a $200 savings bond.
• These Academy at the Lakes students are listed as having the top grade point averages for the class of 2009: Daniel Pitcairn graduates with a 4.0 as the senior with the highest cumulative average. He was captain of the soccer team, president of the Junior State of America Chapter, a lead singer and actor in school musicals, and vice president of the Student Council. He will attend Yale University in the fall and study international relations. Nikhil Ferris and Michael Setteducato tie for second in the class of 2009. Ferris was an active member of Key Club, a student conductor of the choir, a member of the soccer and golf teams, and secretary of the Student Council. He will attend the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business in the fall to study finance and business. Setteducato was president of the Key Club; a lead singer and actor in school productions; a member of the soccer, golf and baseball teams; and treasurer of the Student Council. He will attend Johns Hopkins University as a recipient of the Hodson Trust Scholarship, which covers full tuition for four years. He will study medicine and engineering.
• Centennial Middle students Sydney Pashley, Hayley Smith and Larry Manno for won first place in the music video category at the regional Jim Harbin Student Media Festival. In mid June, their video will be judged at the state competition.
• Pine View Middle Art Show Winners: Best of Show, Stevie Snow; first, Syd Wolfendon; second, Susej Almora; third, Mary McCretton; honorable mention, Erica Spilotro, Victoria Schmidt, Angela Taveras, Megan Leitch, Ellyn Foster, Fred Geller, Chandler Miller, Braeden Eberline, Collin O'Connor and Casey Evans.
• Seventh-graders from Weightman Middle School participated in the Duke University TIP Talent Search by taking the SAT or ACT college entrance exam. These students qualified for state recognition by scoring at or above college level: Rayanna Gopaul, Christy Ibrahim, Kadejia Jackson, Damian Sapp, Nicholas Torres and Annie Zhao.
Students of the Month
• Pasco Middle: Javier Martinez-Garcia, Joshua Abrantes, Tommy Wilson, Kimberly Keith, Tristan Norby, Kara Ennis, Sommer Edwards, Jonathan Auvil, Miranda Dixon, Rachel Stubbs, Damien Wilson, Destiny Wilson and Summer Stone. Chamber of Commerce Student of the Month is Destiny Wilson.
• Pine View Middle: Cameron Houts (April) and Zoe Pointer (May).
• Charles S. Rushe Middle: Austin Albrecht, Quinton Cochran, Julianne Fittipaldi, Hui Hui Guo, Adrienne Koeck, Ankit Kothari, Kevent Mora, Nathan Nguyen, Nicholas Schmidt, Susan Smith and Matthew Watson.
• Weightman Middle: Sam Henninger, Jamie Cheney and Meghan Mapes. Citizens of the Month: Alex Choe, Courtney Boundy and Kelly Tanner.