A salute of a show at richey suncoast
Artists for Humanity presents A Salute to Our Veterans at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Richey Suncoast Theatre, 6237 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Gourmet treats and coffees will be served. Proceeds will benefit homeless veterans. $17 adults; $8 for children 11 and younger. (727) 842-6777.
Song and dance: The high-energy musical Swing!, the 1930s Harlem dance craze that Fats Waller called "two-thirds rhythm and one-third soul," will be presented matinees and evenings today through June 3 at the Show Palace Dinner Theatre, 16128 U.S. 19, Hudson. Dinner and show, $49.50; show only, $38.45, plus tax and tip, for adults; $24.95 and $19.95 for ages 12 and younger. Call (727) 863-7949 in west Pasco; toll-free elsewhere at 1-888-655-7469.
'The Importance of Being Earnest': A trivial comedy for serious people by Oscar Wilde, today through Sunday and May 4-6 at the Tarpon Springs Performing Arts Center, 324 Pine St. Show times are 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays. $17-$20. (727) 938-1915.
'Dinner for Six': A group of friends decide to produce a play they saw in New York City as high schoolers. They soon realize their perceptions as teens may have been a bit off. 2 p.m. Sunday at the New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St. $10. (727) 437-2363.
All for mom and mom for all: Frank Parsons Big Band will present "In Remembrance of Mothers" at 2 p.m. May 9 at Richey Suncoast Theatre, 6237 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Tickets are $11. Call (727) 842-6777 and leave your local phone number. The box office will call back to arrange seat selection and confirm.
Students' work: Pasco-Hernando Community College students will exhibit their work in "Photography as Art" through May 23 in the PHCC art gallery in the Pottberg Library building on the New Port Richey campus, 10230 Ridge Road. Hours are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Fridays. To schedule a private showing or an event at the gallery, call (727) 816-3231.
• Cruisin' at Wiregrass, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Shops at Wiregrass, 28211 Paseo Drive, Wesley Chapel. Free car and truck show.
• Saturday Night Cruise, 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday in downtown Zephyrhills. Cars, '50s and '60s music, vendors and raffles. Free. (813) 780-1414 or info@mainstreet zephyrhills.org.
• Wesley Chapel High Film Festival, 7 tonight at the Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road. Features five nine-minute films that are written, produced, directed and acted by students. $3.
• Blueberry Jerry Jamboree, today through Sunday at Safety Town, off State Road 52 just west of the Suncoast Parkway. Live music, entertainment, food, children's games and more. Enjoy a blueberry breakfast on Saturday and Sunday or a ham dinner with blueberry side dishes on Saturday evening. Blueberry cobbler, muffins and other goodies will be available throughout the weekend. Hours are 4 to 10 p.m. today, 8 to 10 p.m. Saturday and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday. Free. Parking is $5.
• Tarpon Springs Castle Wine Party, 11 a.m. Saturday at the winery, 320 E Tarpon Ave.. Try handcrafted, additive-free wines in the courtyard, with catered buffet and live entertainment in a themed wine party. Food complimentary with glass of wine, starting at $6.50. (727) 943-7029.
Send events to Arleen Spenceley, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey FL 34668 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit items at least two weeks in advance.