Summer food program
Starting June 10, anyone 18 or younger can eat breakfast and lunch for free on weekdays as part of the Hernando County School District's summer food program.
There are no application or identification requirements.
Breakfast will be from 8 to 8:30 a.m. and lunch from 11:30 to noon at these locations:
• Eastside Elementary, 27151 Roper Road, Hill 'n Dale (Monday through Thursday, June 10 to July 25; closed the week of July 4).
• Westside Elementary, 5400 Applegate Drive, Spring Hill (Monday through Friday, June 10 to Aug. 16; closed July 4).
Breakfast will be provided from 8 to 8:30 a.m. and lunch from 11:30 to noon on these days (except for July 4) at the following locations, if the school administration and cafeteria are first notified:
• J.D. Floyd K-8, 3139 Dumont Ave, Spring Hill (Monday through Friday, June 10 to Aug. 2). (352) 797-7055.
• Brooksville Elementary, 885 N Broad St., Brooksville (Monday through Friday, June 10 to Aug. 16). (352) 797-7014.
• West Hernando Middle, 14325 Ken Austin Parkway (Monday through Thursday, June 10 to 27). (352) 797-7035.
• Explorer K-8, 10252 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill (Monday through Friday, June 10 to Aug. 2). (352) 797-7094.
The district's food and nutrition services department also offers the Cruisin' Cafe, a converted bus that takes meals to two locations. Children ages 2 to 18 can receive free lunches, Monday through Friday, from June 10 to Aug. 19, except for July 4. There are no requirements, other than age.
Times and locations for the Crusin' Cafe are: 11 to 11:45 a.m., Delta Woods Park, 34 Deltona Blvd., Spring Hill; and 12:30 to 1:15 p.m., Elks Lodge, 510 Dr. M.L. King Jr. Blvd., Brooksville.