Report cards are distributed today.
Centennial Middle: Volunteers are needed to answer phones at the front desk. To help, call assistant principal Karen Ward at (352) 524-9700 or e-mail [email protected]
Sand Pine Elementary: Star Student awards, 1:30 p.m. today.
Weightman Middle: Honor roll celebration, 6:15 p.m. Thursday.
Wesley Chapel Elementary: Food drive, Monday through Nov. 14.
West Zephyrhills Elementary: Student of the Month recognition, 1:50 p.m. Friday.
Zephyrhills High: Underclass/faculty photo retakes, Thursday.
• Land O'Lakes Drama presents A Night of One Acts at 7 p.m. Friday at the school. Titles include Recklessness, Nobody Sleeps, Writer Left, Creeps by Night and Almost the Bride of Dracula Tickets are $5.
• So You Think You've Got Talent, the Pasco Education Foundation's student and faculty talent show, will be held at 7 p.m. Nov. 14 at the Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey. Advance tickets are $25 for premier seating, $12 for general seating through Nov. 7. Day of the show tickets are $15 for general seating. For information or advance tickets, go to www.pascoeducationfoundation.org.
Pasco Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road, (813) 794-8772, (352) 524-8772 or (727) 774-8772.
• Arts in Motion presents Peter Pan at 11 a.m. Nov. 6 for grades K-3 and 11 a.m. Nov. 7 for grades 4-12. $4.
• Tall Stories Theater company presents The Gruffalo at 10:30 a.m. and noon Nov. 10 for grades K-3. $4.
Youth library notes
Hugh Embry, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City. (352) 567-3576.
• Teen Scene, 4 p.m. Thursday.
Land O'Lakes, 2818 Collier Parkway. (813) 929-1214.
• Homework Help Center and Reading Buddies, 3 to 6 p.m. each Wednesday. Elementary ages.
• Halloween Spooktacular, 6 p.m. Friday. For all ages.
• Teen Anime Movie Marathon, noon Saturday.
• The Special Olympics State Indoor Games will be held Friday at the Disney Sports Complex in Orlando. Best of luck to all Pasco competitors!
• The Countryside Montessori Academy Golf Tournament will be held at noon Saturday at Tampa Bay Golf Club. Money raised will purchase shade covers for the school playgrounds. $80 per person; $320 per team. Call Stacy Radcliff at (813) 948-8600.
• Fall Chess Tournament is set for 1 p.m. Saturday at the Land O'Lakes Recreation Center, 3032 Collier Parkway. For K-12 students. Admission is a donation of pet toys, flea/tick treatment and so forth for the Pasco County Animal Shelter. For information, call Lisa Levison at (813) 758-5263.
Submit your school news to Michele Miller by fax at (727) 869-6233, e-mail at [email protected], or by standard mail, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. Note: The deadline for timely submissions is one week before publication. Newsmakers
• On Sept. 23, Wesley Chapel High School senior Calvin Britton, 17, received a resolution honoring his achievement of Eagle Scout from County Commissioner Pat Mulieri. Calvin is the first member of Venture Crew 177 to attain Eagle Scout rank, Boy Scouting's highest honor. A Court of Honor was held for Calvin on Sept. 27 at Trinity Wesley Chapel's United Methodist Church, the crew's sponsor.
• Aaron O'Brien was named Student of the Month at Pine View Middle School. Teacher of the Month was Steven Judge. Cafeteria worker Sherry Malone was the choice among School Related Personnel of the Month.