Monday is Presidents Day, no school.
Feb. 25-26: FCAT 2.0 writing.
• February is Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month and once again Hudson High is inviting students, parents and community members to their Valentine's Anytime event starting at 6 p.m. Thursday at the school, 14410 Cobra Way, Hudson. Guest speakers are Audrey Mabrey, who will share her personal story, and Melissa Dohme, who works with Mabrey in the domestic violence division of Hands Across the Bay. There will also be singers, a skit and awareness information.
• The Culinary Institute of America will hold its first multi-state “Your Day With CIA" webinar broadcast from Land O'Lakes High. The event will be held from 9 to 10:45 a.m. Friday and will include two cooking demonstrations, a panel discussion and a question and answer session with the online audience on careers in the food service and hospitality industry. ProStart programs in South Carolina, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, North Carolina and the Culinary Institute of America can take part in the livestream event at www.ustream.tv/channel/cia-prostart-live or at ustre.am/19RKS.
• The Culinary Arts Program at Fivay High is hosting an awareness and fundraising dinner, "Fly Away with Fivay," to support students with autism spectrum disorder. The dinner will be held at 5 p.m. Saturday in the atrium at Fivay High. Cost is $25 per person with net funds raised supporting the school's Autism Spectrum Disorder Program. Businesses and individuals are invited to sponsor tables (serving 8) for $200. Because of limited seating, guests must RSVP at fivay.rsvpify.com. Payment can be made in checks payable to Fivay High School and delivered to Chef Stefanie Adams during the school day or mailed to: Fivay High School, 12115 Chicago Ave., Hudson, FL 34669.
• The Pasco County School Board will host informational community meetings concerning Common Core standards from 6 to 8 p.m. at the following dates and schools: West Pasco: Feb. 27 at Ridgewood High; Central Pasco: Feb. 25 at Sunlake High; East Pasco: Thursday at Zephyrhills High; March 4 at Wiregrass Ranch High.
• Land O'Lakes High is accepting applications for the new Academy of Agritechnology. Students will develop skills to prepare for further education and careers in agriculture and food and natural resources management. The four-year curriculum includes instruction in animal and plant production and processing; agriculture marketing; agricultural mechanics; employability skills; core subject content; communications; and human-relations skills. Students will have an opportunity to earn industry certification while earning their Florida high school diploma. For an application, go to the Land O'Lakes High School website at: lolhs.pasco.k12.fl.us/?p=6822. Deadline to apply is Feb. 28. For more information, call (813) 794-9400.
• School Choice Open Enrollment Applications for the 2014-2015 school year will be accepted through March 1. The District School Board of Pasco County's School Choice Open Enrollment initiative provides an opportunity for a Pasco County student to attend a public school outside the student's assigned boundary area, as well as public schools in neighboring counties, as long as the requested school is not critically overcrowded. Applications must be received electronically. For information and guidelines, go to www.pasco.k12.fl.us/ed_choice/school_choice/registration.
Centennial Park, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday, (727) 834-3204.
• Lego Club, 4 p.m. Wednesday. Kids of all ages and their families.
Hudson Regional, 8012 Library Road, (727) 861-3040.
• Yoga for Kids. 4:30-5:30 p.m. Wednesday.. Bring a mat or towel. Ages 12 and younger.
Hugh Embry Club, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City (352) 567-3576.
• Tween Yu-Gi-Oh! Club, 4 p.m. Wednesday. Grades 4-7.
• Astronomy for Everyone, 6-7:45 p.m. Wednesday. All ages.
• Teen Pathfinder Game, 4-6 p.m. Thursday. Grades 8-12.
• Family Movie and Popcorn, 2 p.m. Saturday. Kids 10 and under with parent or guardian.
Land O'Lakes, 2818 Collier Parkway, (813) 929-1214.
• Teen Game Show Night: Family Feud, 6 p.m. Tuesday. Teens.
• Family Night Out: Everyone Loves a Parade!, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Crafts, games and stories. Kids ages 5-12 and their families.
• A Taste of Sunshine Book Club, 5 p.m. Wednesday. February book discussion is on Candymakers, by Wendy Mass. Grades 3-5.
• Reading Buddies, 10 a.m. to noon Saturday by appointment. Elementary school readers can sign up for reading practice with a friendly volunteer. Bring a favorite book or choose one from the library. Call (813) 929-1214 to register. Elementary grades.
• Chess Club, 2 p.m. Saturday. All ages and skill levels are welcome.
• Meet Isabelle, the newest American Girl Doll., 2 p.m. Saturday. Twenty children can participate. There will be food and a craft, as well as two chances to win a mini Isabelle. Call (813) 929-1214 to register. Sponsored by the Friends of Land O'Lakes Library. Ages 6-12.
New River, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills, (813) 788-6375.
• Homework Help for Grades 1-5. 3:30-5 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays.
• Teen Advisory Board meeting, 6 p.m. Thursday. Grades 6-12.
• Children's Popcorn and a Movie, 1:15 p.m. Saturday. Grades K-5.
Regency Park, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey, (727) 861-3049.
• Chocolate Party, 4 p.m. Wednesday. Grades 6-12.
• Reading to your BBFFs, 4:30 p.m. Thursday. Reluctant readers (and readers of all skill levels) can practice reading to a friendly therapy dog. Elementary grades.
• Rockus Maximus Promo Concert, 6 p.m. Friday. A live music concert featuring local youth bands. In March the bands will compete in the 17 annual Rockus Maximus Battle of the Bands. All ages.
• Duct Tape Crafts, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades 4-7.
South Holiday, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, (727) 834-3312.
• Sweethearts Candy Crafts, 6 p.m. Wednesday. Grades 6-12.
• Sit-n-Knit Club, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. No experience is necessary. Supplies will be provided for in-house use, or bring in a project to work on and share. All ages.
• Library Olympics, 2-4 p.m. Saturday. Indoor games and crafts featuring a torch relay and opening ceremony. Grades K-5.
• The Downtown New Port Richey Art Gallery "Hand 'n Hand" student exhibit will be on display through February at the gallery, 6231 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. This exhibit features artwork of students from Connerton Elementary, J.W. Mitchell High and Wiregrass High Gallery. For information, call (727) 848-6500 or email email@example.com.
• The 18th annual Pasco Art of Recycling high school art competition will be on display through Feb. 28 at the West Pasco Government Center, 8731 Citizens Drive, New Port Richey, in the Board Room lobby. Entered students compete for $2,100 in awards donated by community sponsors. Winning art will also be displayed from March 3-28 at the District School Board of Pasco County, 7227 Land O’Lakes Boulevard, Land O'Lakes in the lobby of Building 3.
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey. (727) 774-7381:
• River Ridge High drama presents The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Feb. 23. $7.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road, Wesley Chapel. (813) 794-8772 or (727) 774-8772
• Sunlake High drama presents Trial and Error at 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 4 p.m. Feb. 23. $10.
Send your school news to firstname.lastname@example.org.