• FCAT 2.0 math and reading, through Wednesday.
• May 21: Last day of school for high school seniors.
• May 26: Memorial Day, no school.
• May 30-31: High school graduation.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road, (813) 794-8772
• All County Chorus Concert, 2 p.m. Saturday.
• Wesley Chapel Elementary spring concert, 6:30 p.m. Monday.
• Lake Myrtle Elementary spring concert, 7 p.m. Tuesday.
• Woodland Elementary spring concert, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• John Long Middle choral concert, 7 p.m. Thursday.
• All County Jazz Concert, 2 p.m. May 10.
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey, (727) 774-7382
• Schrader Elementary Talent Showcase, 7 p.m. today.
• Anclote High drama's presentation of Neil Simon's Rumors, 7 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. $8 for adults, $5 for students.
• River Ridge High band concert, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Fox Hollow Elementary concert, 7 p.m. Thursday.
• Hudson High band concert, 7 p.m. May 9.
• River Ridge High Dance show, 2 and 7 p.m. May 10.
• Looking to learn a new language? Curious about the Chinese culture? The Land O'Lakes Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, is offering Beginning Mandarin Chinese at 10 a.m. Saturday for ages 10 and older. For information, call (813) 929-1214. For information and a schedule of other youth library offerings, go to pascolibraries.org.
• May 9 is the deadline to register for the SAT to be administered on June 7. The late registration deadline is May 28 (with fees). Go to sat.collegeboard.org. May 9 is also the deadline to register for the ACT to be administered on June 14. Late registration deadline is May 23 (with fees). Go to actstudent.org.
• Ridgewood High School is inviting parents of students from Calusa Elementary, Chasco Elementary, Chasco Middle and Ridgewood High to a special event to help connect with local resources and attend a variety of parenting and educational sessions. Parents Surviving the Summer With GRIT (Growth, Resilience, Integrity, Tenacity) will be held from 8:30 a.m. to noon Saturday at Ridgewood High, 7650 Orchid Lake Road, New Port Richey. The event begins with registration and a free breakfast reception. The keynote speaker is Dee Reed with an introduction by Circuit Judge Shawn Crane. Presentations include "How Technology Is Changing Our Schools," "Who Wants to Raise Successful Children?" and "The Active Parenting Curriculum." The GRIT Community Fair will feature a variety of community organizations to help provide assistance in areas of counseling, education, health care and more. Free transportation is available. To register, go to rhs.pasco.k12.fl.us.
• Preregistration for kindergarten and Head Start/Early Head Start programs will be Monday.
Children who turn 5 on or before Sept. 1, 2014, are eligible to enter kindergarten. Parents/guardians should bring the following documents to any Pasco County elementary school: child's birth certificate or other proof of birth date, health examination HRS Form 3040, HRS certificate of immunization, proof of Florida residency (current utility bill, driver's license, etc.). For information, call the appropriate school or Courtney Lough at (727) 774-2780, (813) 794-2780 or (352) 524-2780.
Expectant mothers, parents and guardians may submit applications for infants, toddlers and children through age 5 for Head Start/Early Head Start at select schools. Required documents: certified birth certificate or other state-approved document, child's Social Security card (if available), child's health care card (Medicaid, Kid Care or private insurance), documentation of four to six weeks of most current income or 2013 W-2 or 1040 tax form, proof of Florida residency within the last three months (driver's license, utility bill, etc.). If applicable: proof of child support, Protective Services and or foster care verification, documentation of parents or guardian attending school and documentation of disability for child, parent or guardian. For information, call Alexis Russell at (727) 774-2236, (813) 794-2236 (352) 524-2236.
• River Ridge Middle School, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey, will host an Open House for incoming sixth-grade students (2014-15) from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. For information, call (727) 774-7000.
• The 4-H Tropicana Speech Contest will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Center for the Arts at River Ridge and from 8 a.m. to noon Thursday at the Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel.
Send your school news to firstname.lastname@example.org.