Challenger K-8: The school invites families throughout the community to a math and science night for hands-on play and discovery from 5 to 8:30 p.m. May 15 at the school. The event will include an optional spaghetti dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. Dinner tickets are available at the front office. The cost is $5 for adults and $4 for children in Grade 8 and younger. Activities will include conductive dough (electric circuits), molds and casts, using senses to sort different popcorns, modeling the Earth in shaving cream and a fossil dig.
Hernando High: The school's drama department will present "Vignettes to Remember," a human video drama and dance presentation, at 7 p.m. May 13 in the school's performing arts center. Tickets are $5 at the door and include one ballot for voting. Additional ballots are available for $1 each. For information, call Susanna Rosario at (352) 797-7015, ext. 333.
Kindergarten Roundups: Elementary schools have scheduled their annual kindergarten roundups. To register a student, parents or guardians must provide the child's original birth certificate, immunization records, evidence of a recent physical (completed no earlier than Aug. 1 of the prior school year), proof of residency (such as a utility bill) and parent/guardian identification (such as a driver's license).
• Deltona Elementary: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 15
• Moton Elementary: 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4:30 to 6 p.m. May 15
• Pine Grove Elementary: 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday and 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday
• Spring Hill Elementary: 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday
• Westside Elementary: 4:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday; orientation breakfast, 9:30 a.m. May 20
• Explorer K-8: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday
• J.D. Floyd K-8: 6 to 7 p.m. Thursday
Weeki Wachee High: The choral department invites the public to its last concert of the year at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the school. Admission is free.