• May 21: last day of school for high school seniors
• May 26: Memorial Day, no school
• May 30-June 1: high school graduation
• The Pasco Arts Council is taking registration for Summer Art Adventures for youth ages 8 and older. Offerings include earthen clay, polymer clay, self-portrait art creations in the styles of Dalí or Warhol, printmaking, sculpture creations and exploring drawing media. Two new classes will be offered for students ages 13-18: a three-day 2 ½-hour session with drawing instructor Joe Weinzettle, who is on the faculty of St. Petersburg College, and a weekly painting course taught by artist Jo Baughman. For a complete list of classes, go to pascoart.org, call (727) 845-7322 or stop by the Pasco Art Center from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday and Saturday. The center is closed on holidays, Sundays and Mondays.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road, (813) 794-8772
• All County Jazz Concert, 2 p.m. Saturday
• Wesley Chapel High band and choral concert, 7 p.m. Tuesday
• Land O'Lakes High spring concert, 7 p.m. Wednesday
• Countryside Montessori Spring Concert, 7 p.m. Thursday
• Wesley Chapel High "Catsby" Awards, 6 p.m. May 16
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey, (727) 774-7382
• Hudson High band concert, 7 p.m. today
• River Ridge High dance show, 2 and 7 p.m. Saturday
• Hudson Middle music concert, 7 p.m. Monday
• Longleaf Elementary concert, 7 p.m. Tuesday
• J.W. Mitchell High band concert, 7 p.m. Wednesday
• Cypress Elementary music concert, 7 p.m. Thursday
• Want to do something special for Mom? New River Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel, invites youngsters to a Mother's Day craft event from 2 to 3 p.m. Saturday. South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, will also host a Mother's Day craftmaking activity from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday based on the children's book Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman. Both are suitable for children in grades K-5. For information and a schedule of other library offerings, go to pascolibraries.org.
• "Our Children's Education" is the topic of the Helping HANDs (Hope for Autism and Neurological Disorders) community support group meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Medical Center of Trinity, 9330 State Road 54. Guest speaker Jackie Choo, supervisor of ESE for the Pasco County School District, will share information on student support programs and services. Celeste Kellar, principal for Pepin Academies Pasco, will discuss the opening of a new charter school in Pasco County.
Send your school news to [email protected]