Sept. 20: Progress reports
Hudson Elementary: Open house, 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday. Book fair ends Thursday.
Moon Lake Elementary: Open house, 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
• Pasco-Hernando Community College seeks experienced singers to join the College/Community Chorus program under the direction of James Urbanski. Rehearsals are from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays in room H-107 of the Performing Arts Center on the PHCC campus in New Port Richey. Tuition is $29 for the fall semester and includes music. For information, call (727) 847-2727.
• Calling young artists: Medical Center of Trinity holds its second annual Expression of Thanks youth art contest for a chance to win a grand prize of a bicycle or an iPod. Students in grades K-12 may submit artwork, poetry or an essay. Artwork must fit on an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of white paper, be original and hand-drawn or written, depict the student's idea of saying "thank you to veterans and members of the military," include name, grade and name of school printed neatly on the back. Students may use paint, pens, pencils, crayons and markers. Submit artwork by Oct. 4 in person from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the information desk at the main entrance, 9330 SR 54, or by mail to Medical Center of Trinity, Attention: Youth Art Contest, 9330 SR 54, Trinity, FL 34655. (727) 834-4868; MedicalCenterTrinity@hcahealthcare.com.
• The Greater Pasco Youth Symphony is enrolling music students in grades 5-12 who can play the violin, viola, cello, brass, woodwind, percussion and other instruments. Students will be taught to play in an orchestra setting and perform in a public concert each semester. Enrollment is open from Monday through Oct. 4. Students will audition to determine their playing level. Rehearsals and auditions will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. every Saturday at Redeemer Community Church, 9230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey. For an audition, call Emiko Wennerholt at (727) 858-8024.
Centennial Park, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday. (727) 834-3204
• Teen Advisory Board, 4 p.m. Tuesday. Grades 6-12.
• LEGO Creations, 2 p.m. Saturday. Kids in grades K-7 and their families.
Hugh Embry, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City. (352) 567-3576
• Used Book Bazaar, 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
Land O'Lakes, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes
• Teen Advisory Board, 6 p.m. Tuesday Grades 6-12.
• Chess Club, 2 p.m. Saturday.
• Tween Game Day, 2 p.m. Saturday. Ages 9-12.
New River, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills. (813) 788-6375
• Children's Craft Corner, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades K-5.
Regency Park, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey. (727) 861-3049
• Anime Club, 4 p.m. Wednesday Grades 6-12.
• Tail Waggin' Tutors, 4:30-5:30 p.m. Thursday. An opportunity for children and dogs to bond over a shared story. Elementary grades.
South Holiday, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday. (727) 834-3331
• LEGO Maniacs, 4:30 Tuesday Grades K-5.
• Teen Craft: When Yarns Attack!, 6 p.m. Wednesday. Grades 6-12.
• Pasco County Library System hosts Get a Card, Get a Chance to Win a Kindle in celebration of Library Card Signup Month. Participants get a chance to win a Kindle Fire HD 8.9-inch 16GB tablet. Anyone with a valid Pasco County library card can enter. Visit PascoLibraries.org and click the contest link. Those who don't have a library card may visit any county library and signup for a free card. Contest ends Sept. 30. (727) 861-3040.
• Seven Springs Middle School hosts Taste of Trinity, a food and business expo showcasing the diversity of Trinity's dining and retail community, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the school, 2441 Little Road, New Port Richey. Sample signature dishes and desserts from restaurants, cafes and other local businesses while enjoying entertainment and kids' activities. $5 per person; $15 family four-pack. Proceeds benefit the enhancement of technology for the students of Seven Springs Middle School. (727) 645-2078.
• The Sertoma Speech and Hearing Foundation is in need of volunteers to help with screenings held between now and February at local schools. For information, call Debra Golinski at (727) 834-5479
• Pasco Hernando Community College hosts College Night from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Dade City campus, 36727 Blanton Road and from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the New Port Richey campus, 10230 Ridge Road. Representatives from more than 100 public and private colleges, universities, technical and trade schools and the military will be available to answer questions and give information on admissions, financial aid and post-secondary programs.
Send your school news to firstname.lastname@example.org.