Oct. 7-18: FCAT retakes
Oct. 14-18: FTE week
Oct. 18: End of first quarter
Moon Lake Elementary: First annual Dads and Kids Free Pizza Night at 6 p.m. Thursday. Student picture day is Friday.
• A collection of works by the art students of Day Spring Academy Middle School will be included in the "Small World, Big Love" exhibit held through October at the Downtown New Port Richey Art Gallery, 6231 Grand Blvd. For information, call (727) 848-6500.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road, Wesley Chapel. (813) 794-8772 or (727) 774-8772:
• Wesley Chapel High School Drama Department's One Act Performance is at 7 p.m. Thursday & Friday. $3. Tickets available at the box office on the night of the performances.
• Sound and Vision performed by University of Tampa's Wind Ensemble, 7 p.m. Oct. 15. Free.
• Dallas Children's Theater presents E.B. White's Stuart Little at 10:30 a.m. and noon Oct. 16. Appropriate for kindergarten through fifth grade. $4.
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey. (727) 774-7381:
• Gulf Middle Chamber Winds concert, 7 p.m. Oct. 14.
• Dallas Children's Theater presents E.B. White's Stuart Little at 10:30 a.m. and noon Oct. 17-18. Appropriate for kindergarten through fifth grade. $5.
• Oct. 15 is the deadline to apply for the 2014 Barnes Scholarships. Four scholarships will be awarded at $15,000 per year; $1,000 to semifinalists. Scholarships will be awarded based on academic achievement, financial need, community service and evidence of overcoming significant obstacles. Apply online at tampabay.com/scholarships.
Centennial Park, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday, (727) 834-3204
• Teen Advisory Board, 4 p.m. Tuesday Grades 6-12.
• PAWS for Friendship, 4 p.m. Thursday.. Read a book of your choice to a cute and cuddly therapy dog. Elementary grades.
• Lego Creations, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades K-7 and their families.
Hudson Regional, 8012 Library Road, (727) 861-3040
• Teen Anime Club, 6 p.m. Tuesday. Grades 6-12.
• Pumpkin Painting Palooza, 2 p.m. Saturday. Paint and decorate a pumpkin provided by the library.
Hugh Embry, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City, (352) 567-3576
• Read to Rover! (Therapy Dogs), 12-1 p.m. Wednesday. All ages.
Land O'Lakes, 2818 Collier Parkway, (813) 929-1214
• Teen Advisory Board, 6 p.m. Tuesday. For teens.
• Reading Buddies, 10-11 a.m. Saturday. Elementary school readers can come in for reading practice with a friendly volunteer. You can bring your favorite book or choose one from the library. Call the library to register: 813-929-1214.
• Chess Club, 2-4 p.m. Saturday. All ages.
• Tween Gaming Day, 2-4 p.m. Saturday.
• Japanese Class, 3-5 p.m. Saturday.. For teens.
New Port Richey, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey, (727) 853-1279
• Crafts and Creations Club, 4 p.m. Tuesday.
New River, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills, (813) 788-6375
• Homework Help, 3:30-5 p.m. Tuesday, Friday by appointment only. Grades 1-5.
• Viewing the Night Sky, 7:30 p.m. Friday. All ages.
Regency Park, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey, (727) 861-3049
• Anime Club, 4 p.m. Wednesday. Grades 6-12.
• Tail Waggin' Tutors, 4:30-5 p.m. Thursday. Elementary grades.
South Holiday, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday, (727) 834-3331
• Lego Maniacs, 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. Grades K-5.
The Good Citizens of Truly Nolen hosted a lunch in appreciation of Chasco Middle School teachers on Sept. 20 at the school. The eighth-grade teachers were treated with Greek food from Mediterranean Grille. The family-owned pest control company celebrated Good Citizens Week, encouraging employees to perform acts of kindness for the community.
• Superintendent Kurt Browning recently received his certificate of completion for the Florida Association of District School Superintendents' Florida Superintendent Special Certification Program. The certification includes training in school law, school finance, collective bargaining, the superintendent's leadership role in improving student achievement and core concepts of leadership. The superintendent is also required to satisfactorily complete the Florida Superintendents Examination.
Send your school news to [email protected]