• Veterans Day is Monday. No school
• Progress reports, Nov. 20.
• Thanksgiving break, Nov. 27-29.
•Land O'Lakes High International Baccalaureate Program family information nights for the 2014-2015 school year will be held at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Weightman Middle, 30649 Wells Road, Wesley Chapel, and 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Pasco Middle, 13925 14th St., Dade City. Parents and guardians of current eighth grade public, charter and private school students are invited to attend. Families of students in other grades are also welcome to attend.
For information and application go to lolhs.pasco.k12.fl.us or contact Jeff Morgenstein at (813) 794-9429; (352) 524-9429, or by email, [email protected] NOTE: West Pasco residents interested in IB should visit the Gulf High School website at ghs.pasco.k12.fl.us. To contact Pasco High School about their new international offerings, go to phs.pasco.k12.fl.us.
• Wiregrass Ranch High Parent University @ the Ranch will be 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday at the school. Topics include Internet Safety/Cyber Bullying, ESE Transition to Life after High School; The Right Fit Program; I Want to Be a College Athlete; Athletic Injuries: Concussion. For information, call Diamela Vergne or Jennifer Batchelor at (813) 346-6000.
• St. Anthony Catholic School, 32902 Saint Anthony Way in San Antonio, will host a ground-breaking ceremony and reception for the new school building at 1 p.m. Nov. 17. For information, call (352) 588-3041.
• Hudson High Career Exploration Night will be 6 to 8 p.m. Nov. 21 at the school, 14410 Cobra Way. Middle and high school students will have the opportunity to meet with representatives from more than 40 Pasco County businesses and will gain knowledge about industry qualifications and potential earnings.
•The clinic at Calusa Elementary School, 7520 Orchid Lake Road, New Port Richey, needs donations of children's clothes; girls' and boys' pants and shorts, mainly in sizes 5-10. To help, drop donations at the school. For information, call (727) 774-3700
• ING's Unsung Heroes Grant Program is accepting applications for 2014 awards. Every year, 100 educators are selected to receive awards of $2,000 each. Three finalists are then chosen to receive additional funding of $25,000; $10,000; and $5,000. Awards are to be used to further projects within the school or school systems. Applicants must provide a thorough description of the project; demonstrate how the program directly benefits students, the school, parents and the community; and put together a budget showing how they would spend the $2,000 grant and potential additional funding. The application deadline is April 30. For information, Pasco County educators can call Fawn Lane at (813) 956-6658 or Scott Mitchell at (813) 419-3771. Applications can be submitted online at unsungheroes.scholarshipamerica.org.
• The Downtown New Port Richey Art Gallery will feature student artwork from the Genesis Preparatory Academy through Dec. 28 at the gallery, 6231 Grand Blvd. (727) 848-6500; nprgallery.com.
• Arts in Motion presents Li'l Abner at 7 p.m. Nov. 15 and 16 and 2 p.m. Nov. 17 at Pasco Middle School, 37350 Florida Ave., Dade City. Tickets are $15 for adults, $12 for seniors and $7 for students and can be purchased at artsinmotionpasco.org.
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey. (727) 774-7381:
• Birmingham Children's Art Theater presents Adventures of Tom Sawyer at 10:30 a.m. and noon Wednesday. Grades 2-8. $4.
• Cypress Elementary musical production, 7 p.m. Thursday.
• Big Screen Cinema Classics, 6 p.m. Friday.
• Richey Community Orchestra "Born in the USA" concert, 3 p.m. Nov. 17. $15. For information, call (727) 919-3866.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road, Wesley Chapel. (813) 794-8772 or (727) 774-8772:
•Bits and Pieces Puppet Theatre presents Three Billy Goats Gruff at 10:30 a.m. and noon Tuesday. Grades K-5. $4.
• Florida Orchestra youth concert, 10:30 a.m. and noon Wednesday.
• Denham Oaks Elementary winter concert, 7 p.m. Thursday.
Send your school news to [email protected]