• Jan. 30: Adult Education graduation.
• Gulfside Elementary: STEM Fair, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday. Skate party, 4-6 p.m. Friday at Astro Skate in Tarpon Springs.
• Moon Lake Elementary: Donuts with Watch Dog Dads, 8:30 a.m. Tuesday. STEM Family Night, 6 p.m. Thursday.
• The Greater Pasco Youth Symphony is enrolling music students in grades 5-12 through Feb. 8. There are openings for students who play violin, viola, cello, brass, woodwinds, percussion and other instruments. Students will learn in an orchestra setting and perform in a public concert each semester. More advanced students will be encouraged to play a solo piece and in a duo or other ensemble. They will also perform short recitals at hospitals and charity events.
Auditions and rehearsals are 2-4 p.m. each Saturday at St. Mark's Presbyterian Church, 7922 State Road 52, Port Richey. Call Emiko Wennerholt at (727) 858-8024 for additional information and to schedule an audition.
• Applications are being accepted for the 31st Heritage Arts Spotlight on Talent competition for people up to age 18. The regional performing arts competition awards $3,000 in trophies, ribbons and cash prizes to winners in various age categories and a $1,000 scholarship for a graduating senior. The deadline to enter is Feb. 13. Auditions are March 1. Final show is March 29 at the Center for the Arts in Wesley Chapel.
Tickets for adults are $12 or $20 for both shows. Student tickets (through high school) are $6, both shows for $10 (under 5 is free). For application and information go to heritagearts.org. Community sponsors are needed. Call (352) 567-1720.
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey. (727) 774-7381:
• "The Best of Broadway," featuring the Ditchfield Family Singers in a multimedia concert, 3 p.m. today. $15.
• The Monster Who Ate My Peas, theater presentation, 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m., Wednesday. For grades K-2.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road, Wesley Chapel. (813) 794-8772 or (727) 774-8772
• The Monster Who Ate My Peas, theater presentation, 10:30 a.m. and noon, Tuesday. For grades K-2. $4.
Centennial Park, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday, (727) 834-3204.
• Teen Coffee House, 4-5:30 p.m. Tuesday. Grades 6-12.
• Lego Club, 4-5 p.m. Wednesday. Elementary grades.
•PAWS for Friendship, 4-4:30 p.m. Thursday. Read aloud to a furry friend. Elementary ages.
Hudson Regional, 8012 Library Road, (727) 861-3040.
• Teen Book Club, 6-7 p.m. Tuesday. Discussion is on the book Divergent, by Veronica Roth. Grades 6-12.
• Teen Game Night, 5-8 p.m. Friday. Grades 6-12.
Land O'Lakes, 2818 Collier Parkway, (813) 929-1214.
• Teen Advisory Board, 6-8 p.m. Tuesday..
• Teen talent contest, 6-9 p.m. Friday. Teens display a variety of talents for cash prizes.
Regency Park, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey, (727) 861-3049.
• Interactive Movie, 4-5:45 p.m. Wednesday. Bring your cell phone to send comments via text that will appear on the screen during the movie. Grades 6-12.
• Read to your BFF, 4:30-5:30 p.m. Thursday.. Story time with therapy dogs. Grades K-5.
• Game Zone, 6-9 p.m. Friday. Grades 6-12. Note: A permission slip is required for entry into the room where M-rated games will be played.
South Holiday, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, (727) 834-3312.
• Lego Maniacs, 4:30-6 p.m. Tuesday. Grades K-5.
• Friday is the deadline to apply for entrance into the Pasco Schools Cambridge AICE School program of study at Pasco High School in Dade City. For information and application, go to phs.pasco.k12.fl.us.
• The expanding culinary arts career academy at Land O'Lakes High School is accepting student applications for 2014-15. The program is open to students from throughout Pasco County. Students from outside the school's attendance zone must provide their own transportation. The application deadline is Feb. 1. For information and application, go to lolhs.pasco.k12.fl.us.
• The Pasco County School Board will host informational community meetings concerning Common Core standards from 6 to 8 p.m. at the following dates and schools:
West Pasco: Tuesday at Fivay High; Thursday at Gulf High; Feb. 11 at Hudson High; Feb. 13 at River Ridge High; Feb. 27 at Ridgewood High.
Central Pasco: Feb. 6 at Land O'Lakes High, Feb. 25 at Sunlake High.
East Pasco: Feb. 4 at Wesley Chapel High; Feb. 20 at Zephyrhills High; March 4 at Wiregrass Ranch High.
• Nature Coast Festival Music Inc. will award scholarships of up to $1,000 each to two promising musicians. Applicants must be a high school senior in Pasco, Citrus or Hernando counties who will be enrolling in a college-level music program. An audition CD and paper application must be submitted to the Scholarship Committee before Friday. For information or an application, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jeanmarie Seabaugh at (352) 556-8549. Scholarship winners will be chosen and notified during the last week of February.
• River Ridge High Financial Aid Night, is 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the school, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey.
• Feb. 7 is the deadline to register for the SAT to be administered March. 8. Late registration deadline (with fees) is Feb. 24. For information, go to collegeboard.org.
Send your school news to email@example.com