• End of course exams through Wednesday.
• Progress reports go out Wednesday..
• FCAT 2.0 math and reading, May 1-7.
• End of course testing window, May 1-30.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road. (813) 794-8772
• Wesley Chapel High Film Festival, 12:30 p.m. Thursday.
• Weightman Middle spring concert, 7 p.m. Thursday.
• All County Chorus Concert, 2 p.m. Saturday.
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey (727) 774-7382
• Anclote High drama presents Neil Simon's Rumors at 6 p.m. Thursday, 7 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $8 for adults; $5 for students.
• Schrader Elementary Talent Showcase, 7 p.m. Friday.
• The Pasco County School Board and Florida Department of Health are offering free Tdap vaccinations for current sixth-grade students who have parental permission. Florida requires students to submit proof of Tdap vaccination before the start of seventh grade. Vaccinations will be given at all Pasco middle schools on May 22. Interested parents should review the vaccination information sheet (tinyurl.com/jvgrpxc), sign the permission form (tinyurl.com/klf4sfr) and return it to the student's school by Thursday. For information, call the Florida Department of Health in Pasco County at (727) 861-5250, ext. 268 or 224 or School Health Services at (727) 774-2360; (813) 794-2360; (352) 524-2360.
• Ridgewood High School is inviting parents of students from Calusa Elementary, Chasco Elementary, Chaso Middle and Ridgewood High to a special event to help connect with local resources and attend parenting and educational sessions. Parents Surviving the Summer With GRIT (Growth, Resilience, Integrity, Tenacity) will be held from 8:30 a.m. to noon May 3 at Ridgewood High, 7650 Orchid Lake Road, New Port Richey. The event begins with registration and a free breakfast reception. Keynote speaker is Dee Reed, with an introduction by Circuit Judge Shawn Crane. Presentations include "How Technology Is Changing Our Schools," "The Active Parenting Curriculum" and "Who Wants to Raise Successful Children?" The GRIT Community Fair will feature community organizations that provide counseling, health care education and more. Free transportation is available. To register, go to rhs.pasco.k12.fl.us/parent-university.
• Preregistration for kindergarten and Head Start/Early Head Start programs will be May 5.
Children who turn 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2014, are eligible to enter kindergarten. Parents/guardians should bring the following documents to any Pasco County elementary school: child's birth certificate or other proof of birth date, health examination HRS form 3040, HRS certificate of immunization, proof of Florida residence (current utility bill, driver's license, etc.) For information, call the appropriate school or Courtney Lough at (727) 774-2780, (813) 794-2780 or (352) 524-2780.
Expectant mothers, parents and guardians may submit applications for infants, toddlers and children through age 5 for Head Start/Early Head Start at select schools. Required documents: certified birth certificate or other state approved document, child's Social Security card (if available), child's health care card (Medicaid, Kid Care or private insurance), documentation of four to six weeks of most current income or 2013 W-2 or 1040 tax form, proof of Florida residency within the last three months (driver's licence, utility bill, etc.). If applicable: proof of child support, Protective Services and or foster care verification; documentation of parents or guardian attending school; documentation of disability for child, parent or guardian. For information, call Alexis Russell at (727) 774-2236; (813) 794-2236, (352) 524-2236.
Send your school news to firstname.lastname@example.org.