Thursday is the end of the third grading quarter.
April 2: Report cards issued.
April 7-11: Spring break.
Lake Myrtle Elementary: The PTA has voted to raise funds to renovate the school grounds. To volunteer for the Campus Beautification Project, e-mail PTA president Lisa Hanzelka at Lmespta@verizon.net or Logger Dads president Kevin Schmook at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Land O'Lakes High Thespians present Guest in the House at 7 p.m. March 28 and 29 in the school's minitheater. Tickets are $6 for the March 28 show, $12 for the March 29 dinner and show, and $6 for show only. Proceeds will help fund the thespians' trip to the State Festival.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road. (813) 794-8772.
• Eckerd Theatre Company presents Battledrum at 10:30 a.m. and noon Wednesday. For grades 6 to 8. Tickets $4.
• Fantasy Factory Theatre presents Comedy With a Twist of Lemon at 10:30 a.m. and noon March 27. For grades 3-5. Tickets $4.
• Pine View Elementary spring concert, 7 p.m. March 31.
Land O'Lakes Branch, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes. (813) 929-1214.
• Homework Help Center, 3 to 8 p.m. each Tuesday and Wednesday. For elementary ages.
New River Branch, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills. (813) 788-6375.
• Holiday egg hunt, 9 a.m. Saturday. For ages 1 to 6.
• The Pasco County Compassionate Friends, a support group for those grieving the loss of a child, will meet at 7:30 p.m. today at Community Hospital, conference room C, 5637 Marine Parkway, New Port Richey. For information, call (813) 273-8721.
• "Build a Foundation for Success — One Child at a Time," the sixth annual Family Conference, will be 4:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Weightman Middle School, 30649 Wells Road, Wesley Chapel. The conference is presented by the District School Board of Pasco County, the Pasco Education Foundation Inc., and Florida Diagnostic and Learning Resources System. Topics include: Internet safety/MySpace, dealing with children's behavior, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder issues, understanding the IEP process/the parent's role, effective parent-teacher conferences, and family literacy strategies for parents (ESOL). For child care, a translator, disabled-access requests or additional information, call Holly Rockhill, Communications Department, at (813) 794-2203, (727) 774-2203 or (352) 524-2203.
• Pasco County Parks and Recreation will host a summer camp for children ages 5 through 13 from June 18 to Aug. 4 at Centennial Middle School. Counselors in Training, ages 13 through 16, are needed to help out and will receive community service hours, which can be used toward the Bright Futures Scholarship Program. To apply, contact Darrell Davis at (352) 524-9700 or e-mail email@example.com.
The deadline for timely submissions is one week before publication. Send your school news in writing to Michele Miller by fax at (727) 869-6233 in Port Richey, (813) 909-4611 in Land O'Lakes or (352) 521-6520 in Dade City; send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; or send mail to 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL, 34668.