Jan. 19: Martin Luther King Jr. Day. No school for students and teachers.
Land O'Lakes High: PTSA board meeting, 6 p.m. today.
Pasco Middle: Science Fair, Jan. 14-16.
St. Anthony Catholic: Grades close Friday.
Wiregrass Ranch High: Senior class panoramic picture will be taken at 8 a.m. Friday.
• National Honor Society Induction ceremony, 5 p.m. Jan. 15.
Zephyrhills High: Class of 2009 Cap and Gown photos will be taken Monday.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road, (813) 794-8772, (352) 524-8772 or (727) 774-8772.
• Bullyproof, the Musical, at 10:30 a.m. and noon Jan. 22. For grades K-5. Tickets are $4.
• MathEmagic, 10:30 a.m. and noon Jan. 28. For grades 4-8. Tickets are $4.
Hugh Embry, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City. (352) 567-3576.
• Teen Gaming night, 4 p.m. Jan. 14.
• Used Book Bazaar, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
New River, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills. (813) 788-6375.
• Kids Book Club, 6:45 p.m. Thursday. Elementary ages.
• Informational parent meetings will be held on proposed school boundaries for two new schools scheduled to open for the 2009-2010 school year. The Watergrass Elementary boundary meeting is 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday at Wesley Chapel Elementary, 30243 Wells Road. The Anclote High boundary meeting is 7 p.m. Monday at Paul R. Smith Middle, 1410 Sweetbriar Drive, Holiday.
•The Pasco Education Foundation Inc.'s 2008-09 Scholarship Opportunities for Graduating Seniors scholarship applications are available at www.pasco educationfoundation.org. The deadline to apply is 11:59 p.m. Jan. 31.
• 2009 graduates who plan to go to a Florida college or university can now apply for the lottery-funded Bright Futures Scholarship Program. Go to www.floridastudentfinancialaid.org/ssfad/bf/.
• Applications for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) are open. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov/.
• Centennial Middle School student Elija Rodriguez placed second in the district storytelling competition. Centennial Middle Science Fair winners are: first place, Casey Melton, Wesley Beyer, and Melissa Tipton; second place, Joey Gilbert, Ian Snyder and Jordan Allison; third place, Jayde Archbold, Jarrod Gennaro and Emilee Combs; and honorable mention, Mack Trojanowski. Team project winners are: Rachel Osborne and Kristina Bryant. Team project honorable mention: Heather Clark, Hannah Clark, Mike Inman and Dylan Friermuth.
• During their recent food drive, Centennial Middle students and families collected 1,848 food items for families.
Submit school news to Michele Miller by fax, (727) 869-6233; e-mail, [email protected]; or by standard mail, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. Note: The deadline for timely submissions is one week before publication.