Deer Park Elementary: Muffins with Mom, 8 a.m. Thursday. "Walk Through History" week continues through Friday.
Fox Hollow Elementary: Field day is Thursday for primary students and Friday for intermediate students.
Gulf Middle: Boosters' Dance, 6 to 8 p.m. Friday at AstroSkate in Tarpon Springs.
Gulfside Elementary: Tickets are on sale for the All Pro Dad Rays game April 19. For information, call (727) 774-6000.
Hudson Elementary: Staff members will be participating in the Relay for Life.
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Way, New Port Richey. (727) 774-7382.
• River Ridge Middle drama presents the musical Cinderella at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Tickets are $5.
• Arts Power presents Madeline and the Bad Hat at 10:30 a.m. and noon April 22. Tickets are $4.
Centennial Park, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday. (727) 834-3024.
• Video game extravaganza, 7 p.m. Tuesday. For teens.
New Port Richey Public Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey. (727) 853-1265.
• Garage Jams for Teens, 5 p.m. today. For ages 13-19.
• Tween Central, 5:30 p.m. Thursday. For ages 9-12.
Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey. (727) 861-3049.
• Dog training presentation, 2 p.m. Saturday. For all ages.
South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive. (727) 834-3331.
• Pet vaccine education, 11 a.m. Saturday. For all ages.
• Active Parenting Now classes will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. each Wednesday from April 16 through May 21 at Moon Lake Elementary School. Classes are for parents, grandparents, guardians, childcare providers and teachers of children ages 5 to 12. The classes are free but attendees must purchase a book for $5. (If this is a hardship, notify the trainer at the first class). Childcare is available. For information, call Shannon Hill at (727) 774-2630.
•The Pasco Compassionate Friends, a support group for those grieving the loss of a child, will meet at 7:30 p.m. April 16 at Community Hospital, Conference Room C, 5637 Marine Parkway, New Port Richey. For information, call (813) 273-8721.
• Special Olympics 10th Annual Golf Tournament will start at noon April 19 at Crescent Oaks Golf and Country Club, 3300 Crescent Oaks Blvd., Tarpon Springs. The cost is a $90, tax-deductible donation per person. Includes green and cart fees, dinner, a driver or wedge, two drink tickets, goody bag, raffle ticket and one round of golf for four at Crescent Oaks (cart excluded). There will be contests, raffle prizes and auction items. Entries should be submitted by April 11. Corporate and individual sponsors are also needed. For entry forms or information about the tournament or sponsorships, contact Valerie Lundin at (727) 774-3062.
The deadline for timely submissions is one week before publication. Send your school news in writing to Michele Miller by fax at (727) 869-6233 in Port Richey, (813) 909-4611 in Land O'Lakes or (352) 521-6520 in Dade City; send e-mail to email@example.com; or send mail to 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668.
Today: Report cards are distributed today.
Monday-Aprill 11: Spring break
April 22: Head Start and Early Head Start applications will be taken at Colonial Hills Civic Center, 3852 Prime Place, New Port Richey, from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.. To be eligible, children must be 3 or 4 years old before Sept. 1. Families must meet low-income guidelines. For information, a list of required documentation or future application dates, call (727) 774-2730.