CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL: Middle school students interested in the high school's cheerleading program are invited to a meeting at 6:30 p.m. Monday in the H Building cafeteria. A parent must attend with each student. Tryouts, summer plans and financial commitments will be discussed. Students must attend this meeting to participate in tryouts June 1-3. Proof of insurance and a current physical are required. For information, call Jeff Spivey at (352) 797-7020.
HERNANDO HIGH SCHOOL: The School Advisory Council will meet at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in the media center. For information, call Marianne Bennett at 797-7015, ext. 406.
PINE GROVE ELEMENTARY: The School Advisory Council will meet from 4:15-5:15 p.m. June 3 in Room 800.
POWELL MIDDLE SCHOOL: The choirs will perform a final concert of the year at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Springstead High School theater.
• The school will celebrate its 25th anniversary with a rededication ceremony and presentation of a garden and quilt at 6 p.m. June 3 in the courtyard between the 100 and 200 buildings. Festivities will include an alumni concert and refreshments. RSVP to Kathy Marcucci by May 31 at (352) 797-7095 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WESTSIDE ELEMENTARY: Westside will host a kindergarten orientation breakfast for parents/guardians of all incoming kindergarteners for the 2010-2011 school year from 9 to 10 a.m. today in the Westside Cafeteria. The kindergarten program and school information will be discussed. Children do not need to attend.
• Doughnuts With Dad is from 7:15-7:45 May 27 in the cafeteria. All fathers, stepfathers, grandfathers, uncles, big brothers or father figures who attend will read together with their students and have doughnuts. Please send in the registration form found in the May Principal's Newsletter by today. You may also call the Westside Family Center at (352) 797-7080, ext. 255, to register.
WEST HERNANDO MIDDLE: The PTSA will hold a general meeting at 6 p.m. Friday with elections, followed by a Family, Health and Fitness night.
• The Title I Committee will meet from 3:45-4:30 p.m. Monday in the Writing Lab and the School Advisory Council will meet from 4:30-5:30 p.m. in the library media center. All parents and students are invited.
• The All Pro Dads breakfast will be held from 6:30-7:15 a.m. Wednesday in the school cafeteria. The 45-minute program will include fatherhood and family topics.
• Sixth-grade orientation night will be held from 6-8 p.m. May 27 in the school cafeteria for incoming sixth-graders and their parents. Meet the administration, tour campus and receive pertinent information.