music that's our history
"The Haitian Revolution and the Rise of American Music," a lecture exploring the impact of slavery on the development of American music, is at 6 p.m. today at the New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St. Presentation includes performance of some period music. Free. Visit www.nprlibrary.org.
• The musical Hairspray continues matinees and evenings through Feb. 26 at the Show Palace Dinner Theatre, 16128 U.S. 19, Hudson. For adults, dinner and show $49.50, show only $38.45 plus tax and tip; for ages 12 and younger, $24.95 and $19.95. (727) 863-7949 in west Pasco; toll-free elsewhere at 1-888-655-7469.
• The award-winning drama Proof runs today through Sunday at the Forum at Stage West Community Playhouse, 8390 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill. Shows are at 8 p.m., except Sundays at 2 p.m. Tickets $10. (352) 683-5113.
• Susan Marie Frontczak performs Eleanor Roosevelt: A Living History Part I, at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Tarpon Springs Performing Arts Center, 324 Pine St. Tickets $15-$18. (727) 942-5605.
• Meet photographer and printmaker Eric C. Durham, Dade City Center for the Arts' featured artist, 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at the HiBrow Gallery, 14125 Seventh St., Dade City. (352) 521-3823.
• Opening reception from 4 to 6 p.m. Thursday for the exhibit "Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss," which runs through April 5 at the Pasco-Hernando Community College art gallery in the Alric Pottberg Library, 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey. (727) 816-3231.
• "New Port Richey and Beyond in Pasco County" runs through Feb. 25 at the West Pasco Art Guild and Gallery, 6202 Jefferson St. (727) 841-7732 or visit www.westpascoartguild.org.
• John Timpanelli Supper Club presents concert versions of Fiddler on the Roof and South Pacific at 7 p.m. today, 3 p.m. Sunday and noon Tuesday at the Quality Inn and Suites, 5316 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. Dinner and show is $30; show only $15. Reservations only. (727) 379-6557 or (727) 326-2374.
• 7 Bridges, an Eagles tribute band, performs at 8 p.m. Saturday in the performing arts center at Pasco-Hernando Community College, 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey. $25-$30. (727) 816-3707 or visit phcc.edu/tix.
• Clearwater Sea-Blues Festival runs Saturday and Sunday at Coachman Park in Clearwater, featuring five-time Grammy winner Buddy Guy, Ronnie Baker Brooks, Beverly McClellan and award-winning vocalist Janiva Magness. Free general admission; tickets for reserved seating may be purchased at clearwater seablues.com.
• Hernando Symphony Orchestra presents "The Best of Broadway" at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Hernando Performing Arts Center, 700 Bell Ave., Brooksville; and 2 p.m. Sunday and 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Springstead Theater, 3300 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill. $12 adults, $5 students. (352) 683-5113.
• Sixth annual Bivouac and Barracks event, featuring a World War II encampment, vintage aircraft, military vehicles and weapons demo, runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. today and Saturday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday at the Zephyrhills Barracks Museum, 39444 South Ave. Free. (813) 355-7277.
• Painting With a Twist, an art and social studio in Trinity, hosts an event from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday to benefit the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer. Refreshments and giveaways; studio donates half the proceeds to the nonprofit organization. (727) 376-1112 or www.paintingwithatwist.com/trinity.
Send events to Arleen Spenceley, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey 34668 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit items at least two weeks in advance.