Thursday is Adult Education graduation.
Sept. 17: Progress reports are distributed.
Crews Lake Middle: Open house, 6 p.m. Thursday for grade 6 students; 6 p.m. Sept. 2 for grades 7 and 8.
Chasco Middle: Open house, 6 p.m. Thursday.
Cotee River Elementary: Open house, 6 p.m. Sept. 2.
Cox Elementary: Open house, 5 p.m. Tuesday.
Fox Hollow Elementary: Open house, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday for primary grades: 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday for intermediate grades.
Giella Elementary: Open house, 6 p.m. Sept. 2.
Gulf Middle: Open house, 6 p.m. Thursday.
Gulfside Elementary: Open house, 5:30 p.m. Sept. 1 for primary students; 5:30 p.m. Sept. 2 for intermediate students.
Gulf Trace Elementary: Open house 6 p.m. Tuesday for primary grades; 7 p.m. Tuesday for intermediate grades.
Hudson High: Open house, 6 p.m. Tuesday.
Locke Elementary: Open house, 6 p.m. Sept. 2.
Marchman Technical Education Center: Open house, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Marlowe Elementary: Open house, 6 p.m. Sept. 2 for primary grades; 6:45 p.m. Sept. 2 for intermediate grades.
Mitchell High: Open house, 6:30 p.m. Monday.
New River Elementary: Open house, 5 p.m. Sept. 2.
Paul R. Smith Middle: Open House, 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
Pasco Elementary: Open house, 6:30 p.m. Sept. 2.
Pasco High: Open house, 6 p.m. Thursday.
Pine View Elementary: Open house, 6 p.m. Monday.
Richey Elementary: Open house, 5 p.m. Tuesday.
Ridgewood High: Senior class picture re-takes will be Monday and Tuesday.
River Ridge Middle: Open house, 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
Rushe Middle: Open house, 6 p.m. Thursday for sixth grade students; 6 p.m. Sept. 2 for grades 7-8.
San Antonio Elementary: Open house, 5:30 p.m. Sept. 2.
Seven Springs Middle: Open house, 6 p.m. Thursday.
Trinity Elementary: Open house, today for intermediate grades.
Trinity Oaks Elementary: Open house, 5:30 p.m. Sept. 1.
Veterans Elementary: Open house, 6:30 p.m. Sept. 2.
Watergrass Elementary: Open house, 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
Woodland Elementary: Open house, 6 p.m. Sept. 2.
The artwork of Mitchell High students will be on display through this month at the Progress Energy Art Gallery, 6321 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. (727) 848-6500.
Hugh Embry, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City. (352) 567-3576.
• Teen gaming day, 4 p.m. Thursday.
Regency Park, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey. (727) 861-3049.
• Teen Anime Club, 4 p.m. today.
• Wiregrass Ranch High School PTSA will host a Princeton Review practice SAT with a strategy session from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 18 at the school, 2909 Mansfield Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Check in is at 10:30 a.m. Lunch will be provided. Preregistration until Sept. 17 is $15, late registration Sept. 18 is $20. This event is open to students at all schools. For information, contact Stacie Lenners at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (813) 482-4966.
• A Princeton Review SAT/ACT practice test will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 25 at Wesley Chapel High, 30651 Wells Road. The test features a mix of SAT and ACT questions and provides students with a side-by-side comparison of their projected scores on each exam. All students who take the practice test are invited to a follow-up session to discuss their strengths and weaknesses and basic test-taking techniques. The exam is open to all students, including those in nearby schools and home education programs. The test fee is $20, all of which supports the Wesley Chapel High School PTSA. For information or to register, call Jennifer Larimore at (813) 794-8722.
• Pasco County and Ocean Conservancy will celebrate the International Coastal Cleanup from 8 a.m. to noon Sept. 18. Volunteers are needed to join nearly 20 teams cleaning up at various sites throughout Pasco County. This cleanup is organized by Pasco County Recycling in partnership with Keep Pasco Beautiful Inc. and is supported by local trash haulers and many local businesses. For information, or to join a team, call Jennifer Seney at (727) 847-8041.
• Local libraries are seeking youth volunteers to serve on teen advisory boards that meet regularly to make suggestions on teen programs, books and other materials. Call the library of your choice for additional information and meeting times.
Send written story ideas and submissions for Top of the Class to Michele Miller; by e-mail, email@example.com; fax: (727) 869-6233; regular mail, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. For information or guidelines, call Miller at (727) 869-6251 or toll-free at 1-800-333-7505, ext. 6251.