CHALLENGER K-8: The school invites families throughout the community to a math and science night for hands-on play and discovery from 5 to 8:30 p.m. May 15. The event will include an optional spaghetti dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. Dinner tickets are available at the front office; $5 for adults and $4 for children in Grade 8 and younger. Activities will include conductive dough (electric circuits), creating molds and casts, using senses to sort different popcorns, modeling Earth in shaving cream and a fossil dig.
EXPLORER K-8: The school is requesting parent input for its 2014-15 Parental Involvement Plan and for updating the School-Parent Compact for Student Achievement. The meeting times are from 10 to 11 a.m., 2 to 3 p.m. and 4 to 5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday in the Title I Family Center at the school. For information, call Sharon Mechler, Title I parent educator, at (352) 797-7094, ext. 348.
HERNANDO HIGH: The School Advisory Council will meet at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in the school's main office. For information, contact Deana Walker at (352) 797-7015, ext. 406.
• The school's drama department will present "Vignettes to Remember," a human video drama and dance presentation, at 7 p.m. May 13 in the school's performing arts center. Tickets are $5 at the door and include one ballot for voting. Additional ballots are available for $1 each. For information, call Susanna Rosario at (352) 797-7015, ext. 333.
KINDERGARTEN ROUNDUPS: Elementary schools have scheduled their annual kindergarten roundups. To register a student, parents or guardians must provide the child's original birth certificate, immunization records and evidence of a recent physical (completed no earlier than Aug. 1 of the prior school year), proof of residency (such as a utility bill) and parent/guardian identification (such as a driver's license).
• Brooksville Elementary: 4:30 to 6 p.m. Thursday
• Deltona Elementary: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 15
• Moton Elementary: 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4:30 to 6 p.m. May 15
• Pine Grove Elementary: 5 to 7 p.m. May 6 and 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. May 7
• Spring Hill Elementary: 5 to 7 p.m. May 7
• Suncoast Elementary: 5:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday)
• Westside Elementary: 9 to 11 a.m. Thursday and 4:30 to 7 p.m. May 6; orientation breakfast, 9:30 a.m. May 20
• Explorer K-8: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 8
• J.D. Floyd K-8: 6 to 7 p.m. May 8
• Winding Waters K-8: 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday)
POWELL MIDDLE: The school invites incoming sixth-graders to see middle school students perform, meet the staff and select electives at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the school gym.
WEST HERNANDO MIDDLE: The School Advisory Council and Title I Committee will meet at 5:45 p.m. May 15 in the school library.
• Incoming sixth-grade students and their parents/guardians are invited to an orientation session from 6 to 7 p.m. Wednesday in the school cafeteria. Those attending will be able to meet administrators and teachers, choose electives and tour the campus. For information, call Tula Kelleher, Title I parent educator, at (352) 797-7035, ext. 256.