BROOKSVILLE ELEMENTARY: Fourth-grade Compact Conference Night will be at 7 p.m. today in the classrooms.
• Parent-Student Association Skate Night will be from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday at Rainbow Rollerland, 1125 W Jefferson St., Brooksville. Admission is $3 per child; adults skate free with a paid child.
MAGNET SCHOOL INFORMATION: Magnet program orientation meetings have been scheduled at the district's three magnet schools for potential enrollment for the 2013-14 academic year. Parents who wish to submit applications must attend an orientation meeting.
• Chocachatti Elementary (Center for the Arts and MicroSociety), (352) 797-7067: 5 or 6:30 p.m. Nov. 7 and 5 p.m. Nov. 8 in the Chocachatti cafeteria; 6:30 p.m. Nov. 14 in the Moton Elementary cafeteria.
• Challenger K-8 School of Science and Mathematics, (352) 797-7024: 5 or 6:30 p.m. Nov. 8 in the Challenger cafeteria; 6:30 p.m. Nov. 14 in the Moton Elementary cafeteria.
• Nature Coast Technical High School, (352) 797-7088: 6 p.m. Nov. 8 and 6 p.m. Nov. 14 in the school cafeteria.
PINE GROVE ELEMENTARY: The Parent-Teacher Organization will have its fall festival from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 26 on campus.
SPRINGSTEAD HIGH: Homecoming Week will be next week. Activities include: Monday — Powder puff football game (sponsored by the Beta Club), 5:30 p.m. at the football stadium, $3 admission and open to the public; Tuesday — Homecoming carnival (students only); Wednesday — Eagle Games pep assembly (students only); Oct. 25 — "The Claw," skit show and fireworks display with introduction of the homecoming court and the crowning of the king and queen, 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. (Gates open at 6:45 p.m. Admission is $5, and the event is open to the public); Oct. 26 — Homecoming football game at 7:30 p.m. (Admission is $5); Oct. 27 — Homecoming dance, 7 to 10 p.m. (students only).
• The school will host Horror High III from 6 to 11 p.m. Saturday) on the campus. Admission is $7 for adults and $5 for students. Parents must accompany children under 13. No masks allowed. Contact Todd Toomer, Marco Feola or Tim Plumadore at (352) 797-7010, ext. 292, ext. 270 or ext. 251.
SUNCOAST ELEMENTARY: The Parent-Teacher Association will have an ice cream social from 6 to 8 p.m. today at the school.
COUNTY ART CONTEST: The Hernando County Clerk of Court's Office invites county middle and high school students to participate in a contest to design a new official seal for the clerk's office. Students are asked to design something that incorporates the different areas for which the clerk is responsible, such as finance, official records, courts and audit. To learn more on the clerk's role, visit hernandoclerk.com or the Florida Association of Court Clerks and Comptrollers at flclerks.com. The application is on the clerk website. Deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. Oct. 26. Entries may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, dropped off in the civil courts department on the second floor of the courthouse or mailed to: Samantha Haun, deputy clerk, Hernando County Clerk of Court, 20 N Main St., Brooksville, FL 34601. For information, contact Haun at (352) 754-4711 or the email above.
We want your Class notes. To reach Top of the Class reporter Paulette Ritchie, send email to email@example.com or call (352) 650-0013.