MAGNET SCHOOL INFORMATION: Magnet program orientation meetings have been scheduled at the district's three magnet schools for potential enrollment for the 2013-14 academic year. Parents who wish to submit applications must attend an orientation meeting.
• Chocachatti Elementary (Center for the Arts and MicroSociety), (352) 797-7067: 5 or 6:30 p.m. Nov. 7 and 5 p.m. Nov. 8 in the Chocachatti cafeteria; 6:30 p.m. Nov. 14 in the Moton Elementary cafeteria.
• Challenger K-8 School of Science and Mathematics, (352) 797-7024: 5 or 6:30 p.m. Nov. 8 in the Challenger cafeteria; 6:30 p.m. Nov. 14 in the Moton Elementary cafeteria.
• Nature Coast Technical High School, (352) 797-7088: 6 p.m. Nov. 8 and 6 p.m. Nov. 14 in the school cafeteria.
PINE GROVE ELEMENTARY: The Parent-Teacher Organization will have its fall festival from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Friday on campus.
NATURE COAST TECHNICAL HIGH: Shark Theatre will present Dark of the Moon by Howard Richardson and William Berney at 7 p.m. Nov. 8 and 9 and 2 p.m. Nov. 10 in the Black Box Theatre at Nature Coast Technical High School, 4057 California St., south of Brooksville. Fantasy, mystery, music, humor and the folklore of the Smoky Mountains combine to tell the story of Barbara Allen and the witch boy who longs to be human. Tickets are $5 for students and $8 for adults. Seating is general admission. The play is recommended for ages 11 and older. For tickets or information, call Lori Erickson at (352) 797-7088, ext. 296.
WEEKI WACHEE HIGH: Weeki Wachee High School has been nominated for a Power a Bright Future grant from the Clorox Co. and can win up to $50,000 toward its music program, and the school is asking the community to vote in support of its nomination. Voting begins Nov. 5 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Dec. 12. Adults and students 13 years and older can vote online at PowerABrightFuture.com. Voting also can be done from cellphones via text message.
WEST HERNANDO MIDDLE: All Pro Dad Pizza Night will be from 5 to 6:15 p.m. Tuesday in the school cafeteria. In addition to free pizza for dads and kids, there will be a short program about fatherhood and family topics.
• The School Advisory Council/Title I Committee will meet 4:45 p.m. Nov. 5 in the media center, followed by the Parent-Teacher-Student Association meeting. All students and parents are welcome. Pizza will be served to all PTSA members. For information, call Tula Kelleher, Title I parent educator, at (352) 797-7035, ext. 256.
WESTSIDE ELEMENTARY: The School Advisory Council and Title I Committee will meet at 4:15 p.m. Nov. 5 in the media center. Child care will be available upon request. Call Stacie Wharton at (797) 7080, ext. 255.
• The school will host its first on-campus Parent and Family Institute for adults of kindergarten through fifth-grade students from 6 to 8 p.m. Nov. 15. Adults will be able to choose two 30-minute sessions. Some of the topics include: transition to middle school, reading, writing, math, bullying prevention and behavior. Free pizza and child care will be available. Call Stacie Wharton at (352) 797-7080, ext. 255, for information or to register.
We want your Class notes. To reach Top of the Class reporter Paulette Ritchie, send email to email@example.com or call (352) 650-0013.