DELTONA ELEMENTARY: The Digital Doves Parent Night will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Dec. 17 in the classrooms.
• The Title I /School Advisory Council will meet at 5 p.m. Dec. 21 in the media center.
D.S. PARROTT MIDDLE: Every Wednesday, students can stay after school from 2:30 to 3 p.m. to ask questions about math homework or an area of math they are struggling to understand. Students need to be picked up by 3 p.m.
• The school's annual Math in Motion student dance and parent night will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday. While students enjoy music, dancing, games and karaoke, parents can have dinner and learn about middle school math with fun activities. Admission for the student dance is one 2-liter bottle of soda as long as one parent attends parent night. Call (352) 797-7075, ext. 318.
FOX CHAPEL MIDDLE: There is a Cyber Safety workshop on Dec. 17. All family members are welcome. Call Missy Wyzykowski at (352) 797-7025, ext. 255 to reserve a place.
HERNANDO HIGH: The Fine Arts Holiday Program will be at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 18 in the school's auditorium. For information, call Joe Harrin at (352) 797-7015, ext. 223.
PINE GROVE ELEMENTARY: The PTA will meet at 4:30 p.m. today in room 800. After the meeting, there will be pictures with Santa until 7 p.m. Free cookies and hot cocoa will be served.
There will be an Accelerated Reader Night from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. today in the media center. The Family Center, in the back of the media center, will be open for parents to check out materials.
• The third-grade team will host Family FCAT Focus Night from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Dec. 15 in the media center, Family Center and computer lab.
• The school's choral concert will be held from 7 to 8 p.m. Dec. 17 in the cafeteria.
SPRING HILL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL: The School Advisory Council will meet at 4 p.m. Monday in the media center. For information, call (352) 797-7030.
• The School Advisory Council will meet at 4 p.m. Jan. 11 in the media center.
SPRINGSTEAD HIGH: On Nov. 21 the Springstead High School Eagle Brigade Marching Band competed in the Florida Marching Band Championships in the AA division. Of 21 bands, the group came in second and was awarded the class runner-up trophy at the Tropicana Dome. The percussion section scored a 97.5, the highest score of any group in Florida. The band is directed by Rick Dasher.
SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY: High school seniors are invited to apply for the Cumberland Farms Believe and Achieve $1,000 scholarship. It is open to students who live within 30 miles of any Cumberland Farms retail convenience store. The scholarship program is also open to children of Cumberland Farms employees. Criteria include academic and financial need. Applications can be submitted online through cumberlandfarms.com/doinggood and will be open until Tuesday.