MAGNET SCHOOL INFORMATION: Orientation meetings have been scheduled at the district's three magnet schools for potential enrollment for the 2013-14 academic year. Parents who wish to submit applications must attend a meeting.
• Chocachatti Elementary (Center for the Arts and MicroSociety), (352) 797-7067: 5 or 6:30 p.m. Wednesday and 5 p.m. Nov. 8 in the Chocachatti cafeteria; 6:30 p.m. Nov. 14 in the Moton Elementary cafeteria.
• Challenger K-8 School of Science and Mathematics, (352) 797-7024: 5 or 6:30 p.m. Nov. 8 in the Challenger cafeteria; 6:30 p.m. Nov. 14 in the Moton Elementary cafeteria.
• Nature Coast Technical High School, (352) 797-7088: 6 p.m. Nov. 8 and 6 p.m. Nov. 14 in the school cafeteria.
NATURE COAST TECHNICAL HIGH: Shark Theatre will present Dark of the Moon at 7 p.m. Nov. 8 and 9 and 2 p.m. Nov. 10 in the Black Box Theatre at the school, 4057 California St., south of Brooksville. Fantasy, music, humor and Smoky Mountains folklore combine to tell the story of Barbara Allen and the witch boy who longs to be human. $5 for students and $8 for adults. The play is recommended for ages 11 and older. For tickets or information, call Lori Erickson at (352) 797-7088, ext. 296.
PINE GROVE ELEMENTARY: The Parent-Teacher Organization will meet a 4:30 p.m. today in Room 800.
• The School Advisory Council/Title 1 Committee will meet at 4:15 p.m. Nov. 8 in the media center.
• The school's first Parent/Family Institute is from 6 to 8 p.m. Nov. 8. For information or to RSVP, call Nancy Hurst at (352) 797-7090.
PROGRAM OF HOPE: Communities in Schools of Hernando County, the school district's dropout prevention affiliate, is having a Holiday Shop Till You Drop for Education Extravaganza and Car Show provided by Monster Transmission from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 1 at the Towne Square Mall on Commercial Way in Spring Hill.
WEEKI WACHEE HIGH: The school has been nominated for a Power a Bright Future grant from the Clorox Co., making it eligible to win up to $50,000 for its music program, and is asking the community to vote in support of its nomination. Voting begins Monday and ends at 11:59 p.m. Dec. 12. Adults and students 13 years and older can vote online at powerabrightfuture.com. Voting also can be done via text message.
WEST HERNANDO MIDDLE: The School Advisory Council/Title 1 Committee will meet 4:45 p.m. Monday in the media center, followed by the Parent-Teacher-Student Association meeting. All students and parents are welcome. Pizza will be served to all PTSA members. For information, call Tula Kelleher, Title 1 parent educator, at (352) 797-7035, ext. 256.
WESTSIDE ELEMENTARY: The School Advisory Council and Title 1 Committee will meet at 4:15 p.m. Monday in the media center. Child care will be available upon request. Call Stacie Wharton at (797) 7080, ext. 255.
• The school will host its first on-campus Parent and Family Institute for adults of kindergarten through fifth-grade students from 6 to 8 p.m. Nov. 15. Adults will be able to choose two 30-minute sessions. Some of the topics include: transition to middle school, bullying prevention and behavior. Free pizza and child care. Call Stacie Wharton at (352) 797-7080, ext. 255, for information or to register.
We want your Class notes. To reach Top of the Class reporter Paulette Ritchie, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (352) 650-0013.